Anyone gotten an email about Mac World competition?

scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
edited November -1 in Announce Your Game!
I'm getting antsy!

Comments

• BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    I want to hear someone sing, "I've got a Golden Ticket!" ;)
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    LOL! :-P
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    Maybe they're still sleeping. They had a looong night with 0.8 :-)
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    Even though I didn't have enough time to finish my app (only started on it about 8 days or so before the deadline), they sent me an e-mail saying they know I should have won and are sending out a complementary iPad. Nice guys/gals!!

;-)
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    I assume it would include a confidentiality clause seeing as how they arent announcing until monday
    what are you getting at Tiny?

;-P

Hypothetically speaking...

Do you have some "friend" that got an email...
    I got an email. In order for me to get the Macworld Platinum Pass, I have to go to a Western Union to wire money to someone in Nigeria?!
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    @BTT - Funny I got the same one! It must be legit if we both got it, right?? I think he said the account number was... (lists off own acct number)

Yea that was it....
    Most of us are about the same age, have a simliar wise-cracking sense of humor, and dreams of making it big making games. Makes you wonder if we are easily profilable!
  • stanimationstanimation Member Posts: 406
    @JG and BT-Hey I got that too!! And I didn't even enter?
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    @ TinyMonster: it's more an undisclosure agreement like the ones that bind apple employees.
    And if you tell something you ends like McGraw that announced the iPad on tv and got erased from the editorial brands showed by Steve Jobs.
    Well they're more strict than Apple since no rumors announce imminent updates :-)
    @maralfer: I noticed McGraw-Hill, despite probably being larger then all that were, was not on that slide either! Tee hee!
    It would be nice if someone from GS posted something to let people know when emails have been sent. But they like to keep us guessing so I guess if nothing comes then I'll know.
    As the hours go into the night, I'm starting to lose hope that some of us got picked. Time to go back to the drawing board...
  • micahmicah Member Posts: 85
    Has anyone heard anything yet? I haven't...
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    haven't heard anything either!
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    i haven't heard anything
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    give them some time, I'm sure they've been swamped trying to get that 0.8.1 patch out the door
    yeah, they must be kicking themselves for releasing 0.8.0 the same day as the Mac World results release. Wonder how much sleep they'll get tonight!
    Either that or they emailed all the finalists telling them not to mention that they won until Monday... I haven't seen firemaplegames in this thread yet. :)
    good point...

Let's hear your attempt at trying to convince us did NOT get an email yet, Joe!
    :-}
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I know... I'm ruling out who's not in this thread, and guessing who got the email :))
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    ha! No, not me either! Although my mom and grandmother have been asking all day!
  • eliehangeliehang Member, PRO Posts: 105
    I wonder if it has to do with the bugs.
    Maybe they gave permission to the finalists to lie to everyone about getting the email. (shifts eyes) Then it could be any of us.

And on that note, the reason GS is so cool is because the devs brains were taken over by aliens.
  • CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674
    I was hoping for an email when I got back from the movies but nope. So... Firemaple, since you're sure to be in the finals, how about you just drop a code like, say, "The Duck Flies at Midnight" when the time comes.
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    i'm guessing they are holding off on the announcements until the 0.8.x bugs are worked out. Think about how much it would suck if you were one of the finalists and your game was announced as a winner and everyone went to play it and it didn't work!
    So, joe at firemaplegames, has the "squirrel landed"?