Stunt Squirrels! RELEASED IN APP STORE!!!

2»

Comments

• firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    @maralfer: Thank you! I certainly would have liked to make the instructions one screen instead of 5! But I didn't want people to go blind from the small type!

On your issue with spawning...
    Instead of spawning during gameplay, I would spawn ALL of the Actors as soon as the level starts - just keep them offscreen. The cannonballs could certainly be done like this, as well as the main ball Actors. When the cannonball goes off the edge of the screen, don't destroy it, just move it back to it's starting spot.
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    Never thought of that, I'll try as soon as I can.

As for the instructions you can keep as it is but when the next/previous button is pressed you can change the image instead of going on a new scene.
    Something like: when next button is pressed change attribute "instructions" to "(instructions+1)%5". Then when attribute is = 0 change image to instr1, if is = 1 change image to instr2 and so on. It worked for me on my tutorial scene.
    @maralfer: of course! that's a great idea!

I will do that in the next update!

Joe
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    The technique also works great for level select screens, Joe. Really helps reduce waiting times.

The game is much harder than on the PC, but still fun.
    Yes, Stunt Squirrels! on the small screen is much tougher! I did manage to beat it 100% on the iPhone so it is possible! Although I suppose I do have a slight advantage...
  • HugeGraphicsHugeGraphics Member Posts: 81
    Dropped a review on the lite version for you. Fun game!!
    Thanks HugeGraphics!!!
  • belleechbelleech Member Posts: 34
    Hey Man i thought you should know, I tried the lite version of it, and theres a bug on Level 4 when after a few tries, it gets stuck on auto game over as if the squirrel goes out of the map immediately when the game starts.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Just left review for the lite version, it plays so smoothly...

Another one to buy along with Danger Cats on my next long journey or waiting room.

Graphics are very nice ad polished, also like how the music over the menu carries on even when loading the next scene...
    @belleech: rats, i thought i squashed that one...that one is a pain to debug as it's only once and a while...

@draper3000: Thanks!