0.8.1 Release help

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,060
edited November -1 in News from the Dev Team
We're going to be taking it easy over the weekend (except those of us at the Global Game Jam). But we want to fix things as soon as possible once we are well rested. To help us better address issues with the new build please do the following:

If you haven't already, upload your problematic games to GameSalad.com. If you're not ready to share them, make them hidden (visible only to you).

Send us an email to contact -at- gendaigames -dot- com with a link to the game and a detailed description of your problems.

We'll be keeping an eye on things and if we find solutions to common problems, we'll be sure to post them to the forums.

Comments

• micahmicah Member Posts: 85
    Which version of the GameSalad Safari plugin will the judges be using for the Macworld contest? Right now my game Aeropack has various issues in 0.8.1 (some of the actors stopped working, I've actually noticed weird camera tracking area behavior, some of the sounds aren't playing), but it works great in 0.7.0.
  • ccbx4321ccbx4321 Member Posts: 43
    You guys are doing a great job, these updates are seriously intense! I realize there are some hangups with this release so I'm waiting for them all to be sorted out before updating. It did make me think that a "version compatibility" option would be a nice feature though. Maybe that would make the engine/program bloated, but when working with Flash you have an option when you start a project to run it under Action Script 2.0 or 3.0. Maybe having an option like that could make the updates smoother? Then if my project's having issues, I can still update knowing that I can always choose to run my current projects under the 7.0 build (or 6.2 as others are currently doing).

I know, I know, not ANOTHER suggestion! :D

-Caleb
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    Well, being a Mac newbie, can't you install different versions of GameSalad builder client on your Mac. Aren't the apps for Mac mostly all inclusive in a package (i.e. no .dll files to go into system directories and such like on a PC)? If so, install each version in a separate sub-directory (and save your old install files just in case)?
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Bump!

I am working this weekend and not at Global Game Jam. :(
    Please send emails to the contact email address stated above and I will get to them ASAP.
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    As a lot of us will have projects bigger than 10 mb, will we still be able to upload them for you? Do you keep a copy of them on your "publish to iPhone" server?
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    If you upload them to the web and hide it, the GS team can get to it.

If you can narrow it down to the specific actor(s) causing that and delete everything else that might be the issue, that can break down the size good for uploading. (i.e Images and sounds that can be removed and not affect the affected actors.)
    can you fix your server so that our 0.7.0 projects will work on the iPhone publishing?
    When I sync my game to the devices and start them it now says "games publishing license is invalid". If I publish with 0.8.0 or 0.8.1 it runs on the device without this message but with all the 0.8.1 issues.

Currently means not able to any updates with existing projects to test or publish to app store.
    uploaded a very stripped level01 for you to see the problem.

Description
    Bug test level. click on green thrust button to thrust. When level starts, click green button. in 0.7.0 it goes up as expected. in 0.8.1 it will rotate left and not stop at -45. Use left/right arrows while clicking green button to go left/right. Touch while pill to pick up and thrust around left/right/up and it will start to move on its own which is a bug and will fly off the top of the screen. This automatic control is a bug and does not exist in 0.7.0.

I rewrote a new routine for this actor and reduced the problem by changing Accelerate To to player.y+50 instead of 1000. You could play a little longer and then the bug would appear. This level demo contains first set of rules so you can see problem quickly.

So seems Rotate To Angle and Acceleratr To get a mind of their own.
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,060
    Judges have been instructed to use 0.7.0 so no worries there. Otherwise, hold tight and thanks for your understanding. Back go Global Game Jamming for me...
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    Preserve scene seems to be breaking pretty much everything.

Have just tested making a scene with a few actors with some rules
    all plays fine

created a button to change scene, and another to change back.
    when I have preserve scene turned on for button 1, it seems like a lot of the rules in the scene just stop working when I return to it.

Spawn, destroy, a change size timed attribute, maybe more....movement rules seem unaffected.

When preserve is left off, it restarts the scene and the attributes work fine.
  • dereklaruedereklarue Member Posts: 121
    Im having pretty much the same problem as Sparkyidr...
    http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=3094#post-17424
    most of the issues from 0.8.1 for me have been fixed in 0.8.2.

the only big problem i now have is that after taking the publish to iPhone option and then adding the game to iTunes and doing a sync with the device, I am not able to play the game on the device due to the following error: the games publishing license is not valid.

Now, yesterday I had this problem when pushing a 0.7.0 editor project after you updated to 0.8.1 so I am assuming that your compile server is still using 0.8.1 and will not accept a 0.8.2 project?