help please...about iphone developer program purchase

raggragg Member Posts: 65
hi guys...a noob question here...
im confuse with the iphone developer program purchase...do i have to receive the activation code 1st then only pay $99 to apple or pay 1st?is it ok that i complete the purchase before receiving any activation email from apple?

and is it ok that i use someone else credit card to purchase?will it affect my approval?like being for hold for sometime?thanks

Comments

• tvgrafxtvgrafx Member Posts: 30
    You enroll pay your $99 first. Then it takes about a week to get an activation. What ever you do don't use someone else credit card unless you have to. A bank card with a savings account will do. Plus you will need it when you upload you app for purchase.
  • TobyToby Member Posts: 478
    If you have a .mac or mobile me account it did not ask me for any details, I guess Apple already had my info and banking details etc...
  • raggragg Member Posts: 65
    i thought it says takes 24hours to get the activation?oh man....i hav already use my bro credit card to purchase it....what can i do now?
    anyone?help pls...do i need to contact apple now or wait until 24 hours first?
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    You will need a bank account for them to pay you though. That has to be in your name.

Unless i'm missing something using your brothers card shouldn't be a problem as long as it goes through.
    thanks for the reply...but it has been 14 hours but i still havent recieved any email from apple...only an invoice after the purchase from the website...is it normal?
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    Got mine in an hour just the other day. But I can't do iTunes connect to upload because they said their new sign up server is down for maintenance until feb 4. So I'm pissed as I was ready to upload
    hey chaser,thanks for the info...means u get your activation email after 25 hours?i think i will just email them if still not getting it by today...really frustrated wif it..
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    I got it an hour after I signed up on Wednesday morning during the ipad announcement but had to call them for the iTunes connect issue. Now just waiting until I can submit
    my app. Twiddling thumbs!!!!!
    arrhhh...i think it is because of the credit card issue in my case then...will call them first thing tmr...thanks