Another rip off from SoftGamers? No, this time is a plagiarism!

IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
New game by Arsen: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-escape-jail/id457865159?mt=8

The original game from Bored.com: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escape-3d-the-jail/id444797596?mt=8

If anyone have any doubts, here is the walkthrough video from the original game:

Compare the video and screenshots between two games.

And the icon is from Silent Hill: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/silent-hill-the-escape-us/id300626088?mt=8

You're a douchbag Arsen!

This is not a copy, this is plagiarism.

BTW, Arsen/SoftGamers is Cardinal on the forum.

Comments

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    can you email apple...did he actually steal any code or visuals... or just the idea and layout very closely..
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Cardinal said:
    Glad you saw that...
    I was going to show it to you myself...
    You called me a scammer,a cheater, and now a douchebag!

This is some of the power I've got... Maybe my next submission could be Train Ep.2?

No worries I have deleted the games so don't cry!

Are you seriously proud of how you are behaving?
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    stormystudio said:
    can you email apple...did he actually steal any code or visuals... or just the idea and layout very closely..

Did you see the video? It's the same freaking game. And the icon is direct copy of Silent Hill's icon, but with deleted name.

There's also a review in US AppStore about this.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Cardinal said:
    I'm out of this forum forever!

Close this thread if you want!

good, no one wants you here scum
  • steve86steve86 Member Posts: 806
    Cardinal said:
    No, are you with your behaviour... Im not gonna fight on this because it was wrong. I'm out of this forum forever!

Close this thread if you want!

You should go to jail kid! I hope you someday realize the seriousness of your actions and know that its highly illegal what you are doing and you will get sued and thrown in the slammer.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Someone freaking ban Arsen ... GameSalad, Apple ... I dont care, this guy is a cock!
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    to the batcave!

edit: jon got there first :(
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    OMFG are you kidding me with this?
  • hman360hman360 Member Posts: 590
    The problem for him is the other identical game is free!

Can we get apple to revoke his id?

Maybe we can notify the real company to sue him.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    hman360 said:
    The problem for him is the other identical game is free!

Can we get apple to revoke his id?

Maybe we can notify the real company to sue him.

Report him to apple on repeat abuse of his developer account.
  • hman360hman360 Member Posts: 590
    I just sent an email to the company notifying them about him and his games and I told them that they should request his game should be pulled ad well as his account and they could definitely press charges if they'd like.
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Cardinal, you crazy man! You shoot yourself in the foot... no, both feet! You need councilling (however you spell it) or something. You're on a course of self-destruction. Who's controlling your ambitions? Better wake up and make it you.

What I'm trying to say is, you've got talent - you obviously know how to use GS well; your photo montages/illustrations are nicely done, professional, yet you base them on existing stuff, wasting all your work by opening yourself up not once, but twice (or more times) to attack.

Surely you must know about copyright? That people take it VERY personally that you rip off their stuff? That users support their game makers and "even" they don't like to see people ripped off? That you blatantly and without remorse, insult your fellow GS members? Ah, I could go on.... I'm just so disappointed in you (grief, I sound like my mother)... but it's true. What a waste of good talent.

Really go to town on a project, make it TOTALLY yours, stop being an ass with comments like...
    Cardinal said:
    Glad you saw that...
    I was going to show it to you myself...
    You called me a scammer,a cheater, and now a douchebag!

This is some of the power I've got... Maybe my next submission could be Train Ep.2?

No worries I have deleted the games so don't cry!

Grow up and be a professional; make amends, apologise and mean it this time before you throw yourself down the pan....

or not.

PS I've just seen that you've been banned. Too late. Shame.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps