So should I upgrade to .81?

EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I'm currently still working with everything in version .7, and seeing all of the problems I really don't want to go fix a bunch of bugs that shouldn't exist.

What do you guys with .81 think?

Comments

• CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674
    Well, while there are a few real bugs, most probs seem to be user created by doing things a less than perfect way. It looks like we'll just have to adjust to some things for 8.0 and beyond because it's different now. So if you want to get a head start and see how it works now, then give it a shot... but I wouldn't make the same mistake I did and transfer your current projects to 8.1. (Although it's forcing me to make positive changes in my creation process)
  • VmlwebVmlweb Member Posts: 427
    Well I am working with .7 for a bit till they release some fixes.
    The best thing to do I reckon is to download too and quickly just test if your games work with it, if they do they you can install it.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    does it still work to publish to iphone with .7?
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I'm working with 0.7, I found only a few bugs in one of my big games, but the big one was the timer
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Better to upgrade than to have to fix things later. The biggest issues are retro active things and those will likely never be 100%. Just upgrade since the problems are really with stuff that is already done. Working in the old version only perpetuates the problems
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    I guarentee you are only screwing yourself by making a game in something that is not current.

I also agree with breadman that most things are just changes not issues. So if you are in the old version those will still be issues even if 8 is perfect. Changes, that's it
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I guess I was hoping there would be an 0.8.2 or something that I could wait for and avoid some of these headaches.
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Well I just updated and indeed, my game has some issues.

Can somebody clarify what has actually been affected, though? I don't really know what to do to fix the kinks.
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Well I found that constraining an attribute to itself minus an amount does not work anymore.

The random function is behaving the exact same way every time I play.

More to come I'm sure.
  • TobyToby Member Posts: 478
    I'd suggest waiting. Any fixes or hacks you make now might be pointless and break again, as the next release 0.8.2 will probably fix all these issues we're experiencing hopefully. There were only supposed to be some performance framerate improvements and a few new behaviours and the new screen and publishing options. Update said nothing about having to change the routines and logic for your game!

V8+ does look exciting it's just a bit too alpha than beta really at the moment..