Anymore game templates with updated beta versions?

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Will there be anymore game templates like the ones provided with the current GS Beta version coming soon?

Will we be able to share game templates with other players within the community as a support in the future?

Also, when you guys have a better idea when GameSalad will be fully launched, you should do a countdown, and place it on the web, twitter, facebook etc. like all the major game companies do when a major console is being released, or a blockbuster game :)

Comments

• KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    I can answer your second question. Ad...7 something (y'know, that guy that showed up when we were wondering about our rights to our games) mentioned that we'll be able to eventually, to mix and match our games, adding to them, fixing bugs, making the GS community one big center or "programming" knowledge. I still want some of the major features added to engine first before we get Peer to Peer, though.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Yeah I remember him saying that in a previous post, and I agree, I would still want more features added too before going peer to peer, but also any other templates added to the software would be nice

I thought the template for Flutterby might be added, but perhaps not?
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    The Flutterby game was basically their side scroller plane game. There is a template for that already. Of course it had some modifications, but that was the basic idea.

EDIT: Templates are a good idea for new people to the app to learn how to do certain things. However, once you fully understand it I doubt they would be of use anymore. So, I too hope 'templates' are on the end of the to-do list =)
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Hmmm. I'm thinking there should be one with cannons and crashing into things.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    That would be a great idea codemonkey.... I think it doesn't hurt to have more templates, just gives the gaming community and non-programmers like me an opportunity to open their skill set and create more games :)