GameSalad v0.8.2 is up

CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
edited November -1 in News from the Dev Team
http://gamesalad.com/wiki/whats_new:gamesalad_0.8.0

We are sorry for the inconvenience the last couple builds have caused you. We hope that this latest version will appease you. However, we are not quite done yet as we wanted to get you this build as quickly as we could so you could continue with your games. This should fix more of the issues, but in case we have missed something please feel free to contact us. What has helped us enormously is the help from the users who have given us great descriptions and test projects to find and test these issues. Thanks.

Special thanks to:
tshirtbooth
butterbean
firemaplegames
MikeQuinn

sorry if I've missed someone, I haven't blinked in 12 hours. :)

Comments

• design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Busy couple days, no?
  • Pas976Pas976 Member Posts: 41
    any 0.8.2 bugs?
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    still having collision detection problems. I have an actor that sits on top of another actor and I detect when it has moved off of that actor by using the otherwise section of the collision detection rule. But alas... it fires the otherwise block even though it's sitting right on top of it. It just spontaneously decides that it's no longer overlapping and POOF ...

But tell your programmers that they are doing a fantastic job and I know (from experience) how they feel as I too used to be a code monkey ;)

Kudos! Free Pizza for everyone! :)
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Everything is working good here!
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    me neither, i just don't feel like updating anymore.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    ORBZ, is the project somewhere where we can see what you have done?
    i'm trying to put together a simplified version right now for you... give me a few minutes.
    Ahh... I have to go. I'll have to post it later.
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    @codemonkey
    can you check out this simplified project

http://gamesalad.com/game/play/38116

basically.. play it, and when the first enemy spawns, kill yourself.
    It destroys the player actor, and the particle trails actor. Spawns a particle explosion actor, plays a sound and then sends you to a game over screen,

Play again, but this time, pause using my simple pause button, and resume, again using the simple resume button.

now try to kill yourself.....it's behaves very differently.

Also, the "growth" of the green enemy seems to not work after a pause/unpause.
  • SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    I have a bug for 0.8.2 - while in the editor everything works fine, on the iPod viewer, you can NOT change scene back to the initial scene. Any request to change scene to the initial scene, whatever it may be named, will be ignored. The editor works as expected though.
    Sorry CodeMonkey, I didn't think it worth sending an example of this, I'm sure it's easy enough to reproduce?
    Also, am I posting this in an ok place for you? Is there anywhere 'official' for bug 'reports' :D or shall we just rant along on any given link and hope one of you guys is reading!
    Cheers, and we really DO appreciated all the hard work we know you guys are putting into this.
    Wayne
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Thanks Codemonkey for getting this out so fast! 12 hours of work straight, you deserve some time off! :)
  • SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    Heheh, this is pretty funny - my 'bug' above has actually forced me into creating a proper title screen, which you'll never go back to once you've started the game. I totally needed to do this at some point anyway, so every cloud has a silver lining :D
  • QuinnZoneStudiosQuinnZoneStudios Member Posts: 452
    Hey Mr. C. Monkey!

Thanks for the 0.8.2 fixes. Yup my player controls now work as advertised. Thanks so much to everyone at Gendai Games for working so hard on this.

Onward and upward!

Mike