Collision not working every time

jhaasjhaas Member Posts: 233
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Do collisions only work when two objects hits dead center? Unless the collision is dead center the objects move past each other. Both objects are part of the same collision group. I thought if any part of these two objects touched it would trip the collision. Am I mistaken?

Thanks!

Comments

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    what version are you using?
  • jhaasjhaas Member Posts: 233
    Version 0.4.5 beta :)
    I downloaded version 0.4.6 beta. The collision seems a little better but now the game constantly freezes up after running only a few seconds, then game salad crashes. The web preview also no longer works. I did download and install the new web plugin.

Help! I'm kind of dead in the water now...
  • KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    Recent version's been kinda shaky. I've gotten a decent number of crashes, and the episode with one of my projects that still doesn't work. No freezing or web problems, though. ... weird.
    Keep sending those issue reports in when you restart GS after a crash. We'll check those out to see where the issues are. I haven't noticed a decent number of crashes.
    I noticed a new option under collision in version 4.6 - shape. By default the collision shape was rectangular on my two objects. I changed it to circle and no more game crashes. The web piece no longer freezes either. For whatever that's worth.

I did notice no export as .game option anymore - is that intentional?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Well since that's been pointed out, how about this too.

http://gamesalad.com/wiki/whats_new_in_gamesalad_0.4.6