Looking to start a small team

tpopcaztpopcaz Member Posts: 4
I recently purchased a mac and became interested in making iphone games. I found this site and plan on getting started with GS right when my macbook comes in. I was looking for a couple more people to team up with to make a game or two.

If your new to GS like I am or a vet of the program your more then welcome to join! This team is to make great games and all learn from each other.

Looking for
Pixel artiest
game designer
People with experience with GS
Composer

Pretty much anyone looking to join up and get something started. If a good number turns out, we will split the team into smaller teams working on different projects. Pm me if your interested or email me at cazec274@gmail.com

Comments

• SharpCreationsSharpCreations Member Posts: 7
    sent you a pm
  • 777ideas.com777ideas.com Member, PRO Posts: 895
    I'm interested
  • XizaxXizax Member Posts: 46
    as am I
    shoot me an email at GSXizax@gmail.com
  • brainsaladbrainsalad Member Posts: 35
    Im graphic designer and illustrator
  • XizaxXizax Member Posts: 46
    Is the pay by precent of profits or otherwise?
  • tpopcaztpopcaz Member Posts: 4
    I have a good number of people that contacted me so far. Everyone else interested please email me! As far as paying goes. We have around six people that are interested in helping. I think the more people that join the more smaller teams will be created. So whatever team your part of you will get a preent of the profits from the game your team is in charge of. If the group thinks of a better way we will go by that
  • AddictiveGamesAddictiveGames Member Posts: 105
    This has been discussed before, but i'm as yet to see a successful sized team on GS. Don't want to rain on anyone's parade but I would seriously consider the pros and cons before officially joining any team.

Positives:
    - Teamwork (more fun/interaction via skype/chat etc)
    - Better Games (possibly due to more content/skills)
    - Faster dev cycles (due to more hands)

Negatives:
    - Need to sign contracts/agreements (loads of legal stuff)
    - Added outside pressure (co-deadlines)
    - Smaller Profits (unless mega selling game).

The biggest problem for a "team" is revenue and control. It's challenging out their at the moment, and if any revenue after Apple's 30% cut has then got to be divided by 5 or 6 people then the pennies coming to you in the end may not be worth it. Of course you need to trust everyone, especially the Dev Account which is being used to publish the game and receive royalties. Its also more than likely as a team you will be aiming for quality rather than quantity. This could be a big risk to take if your team spends 3-6 months working on a game that doesn't sell in the end? Also, questions need to be asked like:

- Who decides who's in charge?
    - Who decides what games we make?
    - Who decides what parts get made and by whom?
    - How do I get out if I no likey and what then?
    - What if someone isn't pulling their weight?
    - Who is in charge of Finances?
    - Who owns copyright should the franchise goes big?

When you look at the above headache of questions in my opinion its not worth it. :(
    ....But good luck anyways :)
  • master20master20 Member Posts: 1
    AddictiveGames said:
    This has been discussed before, but i'm as yet to see a successful sized team on GS. Don't want to rain on anyone's parade but I would seriously consider the pros and cons before officially joining any team.

Positives:
    - Teamwork (more fun/interaction via skype/chat etc)
    - Better Games (possibly due to more content/skills)
    - Faster dev cycles (due to more hands)

Negatives:
    - Need to sign contracts/agreements (loads of legal stuff)
    - Added outside pressure (co-deadlines)
    - Smaller Profits (unless mega selling game).

The biggest problem for a "team" is revenue and control. It's challenging out their at the moment, and if any revenue after Apple's 30% cut has then got to be divided by 5 or 6 people then the pennies coming to you in the end may not be worth it. Of course you need to trust everyone, especially the Dev Account which is being used to publish the game and receive royalties. Its also more than likely as a team you will be aiming for quality rather than quantity. This could be a big risk to take if your team spends 3-6 months working on a game that doesn't sell in the end? Also, questions need to be asked like:

- Who decides who's in charge?
    - Who decides what games we make?
    - Who decides what parts get made and by whom?
    - How do I get out if I no likey and what then?
    - What if someone isn't pulling their weight?
    - Who is in charge of Finances?
    - Who owns copyright should the franchise goes big?

When you look at the above headache of questions in my opinion its not worth it. :(
    ....But good luck anyways :)

After reading all this, it is a big hassle, however I'm up for the challenge. Sent you a PM as well.
  • Have you guys found a composer ? I'm new to Gamesalad but not new to audio and such. And I'm also currently working on some projects for other GS members. But I would love to be considered a part of a team. Tried setting one up with a couple of my friends but they arnt as serious about this as I am :-( Anyways. If u have any other questions. Email me.

David

sdj_games@yahoo.com