Where can i make gifs i

LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
I have no Photoshop no flash nothing!!,
Where can i design my graphics i tried gimp but when i export it acts as a square in gs so if it collides with something it collides with the square shape, Would flash be as good as photoshop??

Comments

• SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    Flash is a completely different tool from photoshop. Photoshop is a bitmap based program to manipulate photos and acreate digital pixel based artwork. Flash has a vector based design tool but it's a secondary tool - it's main purpose is the creation of online content.

You can use inkscape as a free tool for vector based artwork and gimp is the best free bitmap tool. The collision is not a gimp problem but a GS problem as far as I know.
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    Collision in GS is either circle or square and does not at present allow for transparent areas.

Many people here use gimp but you could try one of the cloud based bitmap editors like Sumo Paint.
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    Thank you for your help, but what I meen is that there is still an area around the image it may be transparent but if I draw a circle there is a transparent square around it in preview aswell as game salad, I will try your suggestions though
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    In GameSalad you can select the collision shape to be a circle or square, it's on the left hand side in the properties area. Double click the image in the actor bin, and look under the "Physics" area, in there you can select the collision shape of an actor to be square or circle.