Aeropack now a shared project (and I need a little help)

micahmicah Member Posts: 85
edited November -1 in Announce Your Game!
Hey everyone! I decided to make my game a shared project so that others can learn from it: http://gamesalad.com/game/play/34326

I've updated it quite a bit lately, making the touchscreen controls very smooth when running on the iPhone and fixing everything for GS 0.8.2. It's pretty much a finished game now and ready to submit to the App Store.

Except for one little frustrating bug that I can't figure out how to recreate. Every so often for no particular reason that I can tell you start accelerating up to the ceiling, and there's no way to get down without restarting the level. This started happening after 0.8.0 was released and I haven't been able to fix it yet. There are only two places in the Player actor where you accelerate up: when you're flying or when you're jumping, and in both places it's under a rule that should only be getting called when you're pressing up. But it happens anyway when you're not pressing up, and after thoroughly scanning through my code (for hours and hours and hours this weekend), I've come to the conclusion that it's gotta be a bug in GS 0.8.2. I would ask help from the GS team directly, but I don't have any clear idea what's causing it or how to reproduce it. I feel like I shouldn't submit this to the App Store until I fix the bug, but I'm pretty baffled by it. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Also, I recently made a little gameplay video showing off the iPhone controls if anyone's interested: