Building gamesalad viewer?

raggragg Member Posts: 65
edited November -1 in Tech Support
hey guys...why when i unzip the gamesalad viewer.zip file it become gamesalad viewer.zip.cpgz file instead of .xcodeproj?how to open it via xcode?
do i need to create app id for gamesalad viewer and Development Provisioning Profile for it?im very consufe wif it...

Comments

• JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
    When you unzip it you should get a folder called viewer-distribution and inside that should be around 10 files - one of which is the GameSalad Viewer.xcodeproj which you need to open in XCODE.
  • raggragg Member Posts: 65
    thanks for reply...it was my downloaded file corrupted..:S
    btw...do i need to create app id for gamesalad viewer and development provisioning profile for it?i had read the http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone instruction but still confuse with it...in which step can i actually install the gamesald viewer?
  • JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
    Yes you do, it confused the hell out of me as well. You need to treat it like an app, so in the Apples Dev create an APP ID and then create the PROVISION file download it and drop it into iTunes.

Then open up the gameview xcode proj in xcode, follow the instructions on Game Salad for this, it will then make the app which you can then drag into itunes to port it over to your iphone/itouch.

Good luck
    JCFord
    thanks alot for the reply!1 more quick question...Bundle Identifier for gs viewer what name should i put?any name with my name like com.ragg.gsviewer ?
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    nothing for the bundle identifier...

com.ragg.gsviewer should work perfectly...
    ok...thanks ! :)
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    What is this viewer anyways?

What do I need this for?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    If you build and put the viewer on your device, you can use it to test your app on your device without building an adhoc version. Just open the app and GS on your mac while on a network and they will find each other. Works great for a quick test.
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    ah ok. cool. thanks!