0.8.2 total cursor freeze

CoIinCoIin Member Posts: 197
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I just tried a new project, simple scene (one actor that was an image sequence). When I clicked the preview button the scene started, but then the cursor was frozen, I had to power off my machine. I dare not try it again!

Anyone else had something like that?

Comments

• BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    In the beginnings of Spellcaster, within seconds of hitting the Preview button, my cursor would still be able to move around, but I couldn't click on anything. The keyboard wouldn't respond either.

However, I could still access my Mac's file share remotely, so I knew my iMac wasn't dead, just unresponsive to any input. I unplugged and replugged in my USB keyboard and mouse, still no joy.

Nevertheless, I was forced to power down completely and restart.

This had me having to save at every interval, afraid of whether or not I was going to get my machine back at every step of development.

Unfortunately, the issue had become less and less consistent, so I didn't know how or if I could replicate it for the GS team. This was all in 0.7.0.

Upon reading your message, it was also when the scene was rather simple. And, also I do recall that it froze up when it came to playing a sound or music file. It was very frustrating.

When I start my new project this week, I'll report any findings and put it in this thread.
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    I think some of the versions of resources (images, sounds, music) are a bit flakey (i.e. see my post about non-RGB colorspace PNG images).
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    I too have had this problem. I didn't think it was possible to write user space code that could crash a mac so hard...

Well done guys.
  • svenskensvensken Member Posts: 2
    Same here.. Total lockups when trying some of the include examples.
    That is when doing this on my 27" iMac(3.06GHz - ATI 4670)
    - same examples run without problem on my 13" macbook pro...(nvidia)
  • austinleeaustinlee Member Posts: 19
    I've been having similar problems. I also have a 27" imac.