Ogg File as Sound

QuinnZoneStudiosQuinnZoneStudios Member Posts: 452
Hey all,
I've had a chance to jump back into my GS work and updated the creator from 0.9.2 to the current version.

Only now none of my OGG files work as a Sound Behavior. Has this been disabled or discontinued? I have to use OGG because I need stereo sounds and the CAF files only play in mono.

Perhaps others have been through this already? Not sure if I should report this as a bug or what?

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Hey there MikeQuinn,

I had some trouble as well, but we converted my music to a .wav and it has worked fine ever since, hope this helps!
  • QuinnZoneStudiosQuinnZoneStudios Member Posts: 452
    Hey Brayden,
    So are you saying you imported .wav as sound instead of as music and it remained stereo?
    I should give that a try. I'm also trying to keep the file size down so hopefully the GS auto conversion won't bloat it up.
    Anyway worth a shot and thanks for the suggestion!!!

Mike
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    It converted it into a .wav file outside of GameSalad, and then imported it as a music file, it worked fine for me, let me know how it goes.

Cheers
    Strangely, importing .wav or .OGG as "sound" don't work and just crash the creator.
    Importing .wav as "music" does work.
    Importing .CAF as "sound" also works but in mono.

Guess I'm hosed until this gets fixed.

Thanks a bunch though!
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    Try a .mp3 file?

GameSalad converts audio to .ogg and music to .m4a, so it's weird that .ogg will crash the creator.
    Hey Thanks for the note SlickZero.

I just imported an .mp3 as SOUND and no crash but still silence. I'm beginning to wonder if it really is down to my iMac being such an ancient relic, LOL!

There was a mention somewhere in an earlier thread, albeit inconclusive about first gen Intel Core Duos, which is what I have, having OGG issues so I guess I'll have to put it down to that. Be curious to hear if others with these processors are having the same issue.

It's only been introduced in the last few months, either from a more recent GS build or Mac OS update. I'm running 10.6.8

Well, onward I guess but thanks!!!