GameSalad Font Sheet

PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
While working on Arch Fiery, I thought about changing the fonts. I didn't know which one would look the best. So, I created a quick-reference guide... which shows what the fonts look like. It was helpful to me. Maybe it will be helpful to you too...

http://photics.com/gamesalad-font-sheet

Using Display Text can improve performance, as opposed to custom font images... but Display Text doesn't support Retina Display. (Not yet anyway.)

Comments

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880
    Good work!
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    It's also worth noting that "display text" looks a lot nicer on the device than it does in the editor/preview.

Futura is the one for me though ;)
  • Cee3pee0Cee3pee0 Member, PRO Posts: 194
    Thanks for this! It is useful.

Now if we could just plug n play our own custom fonts it would be awesome..
  • chicopchicop Member Posts: 263
    i wish we could add our own fonts to GS though so it could read as display text.

these fonts are nice but not very stylistic.. custom fonts add so much to the overall look and feel of a game giving it a more unique feel
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    That's very useful. GameSalad should incorporate those images so that when you mouse over the fonts in the drop down menu of the display text behavior the previews popup so you know what the font looks like. Much like Photoshop. For now though this is useful and I will bookmark, thanks!
  • entersimonentersimon Member, PRO Posts: 273
    Before working on anything else having to do with text, I think they should fix it to support retina display. I'm actually quite surprised that it doesn't.

The fuzziness is a MAJOR aesthetic issue which should be a quick fix since they are using natively supported fonts. Having the iOS keyboard is wonderful. Now we just need to be able to display that text in a beautiful way.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fonts/id285217489?mt=8

Any font found in there should be as clear as a crystal on the retina display via display text. They are the native fonts inside iOS.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    entersimon said:
    Before working on anything else having to do with text, I think they should fix it to support retina display. I'm actually quite surprised that it doesn't.

I don't understand that either. The text should be retina display. It's like the text is being rendered for the scene size and not the device.