Programming Language, Images/Audio questions. [was: Language!]

XxTHEiNvEnToRxXXxTHEiNvEnToRxX Member Posts: 12
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
What language do you use or need to learn when programing in gamesalad.

Thanks!

Comments

• KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    ... none ;)
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    I really want to say English, but you really just need to know basic logic. If you haven't seen GameSalad Creator because you don't meet system requirements, or just haven't downloaded it yet, its an easy drag and drop interface.

Oh and I'm commandeering this thread for your other questions you've been posting on the Challenge of the Month.

XxTHEiNvEnToRxX: Where can i go to either make sprites or download them. Thanks!

CodeMonkey: Check out the FAQ: http://gamesalad.com/wiki/faqs#images

XxTHEiNvEnToRxX: The programs you listed to make artwork is cool but they look like you cant really make a player or actor because it looks like your just making pictures, or could you draw something and there wont be any white space around it and you can use it.

The whitespace you can remove with Pixen or some other program. But the images need to be in png format or some format that uses transparent alpha channels or whatever its called. :p Then with that image, drag it into GameSalad and use it as the image for whatever actor you want to create.
    XxTHEiNvEnToRxX: When your making enemies in a game how do you make them keep on coming from every random direction? Thanks

In the Spawn Actor Behavior, you can specify the spawn position with the random function. e.g. random(0,320)
    Then specify the correct actor moving in the correct direction.

Please keep the sticky notes on topic.
    XxTHEiNvEnToRxX: How do i get OGG file sounds , which website did you go to , to get your explosion sounds and classic firing sounds?

Please take a look at http://gamesalad.com/wiki/faqs#audio There is info there about how to make ogg files. I'm not sure where specifically the sounds you speak of came from, we just used search engines to find freely available sound bytes.

Again, please keep the sticky notes on topic.