Game artist seeking skilled coding partner

DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
Hi all!

I'm still seeking an partner, got some interesting replies on my last partner hunt: http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=29259
But there was an lack of either skill or interest.
So, heres round 2 with some different requirements.

I'm looking for some one who is:

-Pro user who owns an registered company ( I have no problem with publishing under someone else's company as long as I retain IP on my ideas/titles).

-skilled at coding in GS ( similar programs would be a plus). NEED to see samples, video or GS files.

-over 18.

-good at finding and fixing bugs.

-passionate about creating games ( ALL genera).

-good at balancing an creating interesting and challenging gameplay.

-ready/able to work 1-3 hours each day.

- good at communicating ideas.

- able to handle criticism but also give criticism when needed( I'm good at graphics, but not an god).

-split revenue 50/50.

Why you should want to work with me:

-I'm an 32 years old Norwegian, experienced 2d/3d game artist, currently working full-time as an freelancer.

-I'm also an musician.

- got tons of ideas but also interested in working on others ideas ( just want to make awesome games)

-I'm not stubborn:)

If you're interested and ALL my requirements are met,
Send me an mail:
tom.klovholt@shadow-embryo.com

Samples:

Saucer 44

Graphics and music by me.

RybyHunter

Graphics, music and code by me.

Comments

• BSideGamesBSideGames Member Posts: 392
    Not to sound rude... But how is this any different than when I ask?
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    BSideGames said:
    Not to sound rude... But how is this any different then when I ask?

Well, people pays me to do their graphics. Thats the difference;)
  • RumiRumi Member, PRO Posts: 343
    You should watermark those images!
    Not to give anyone ideas but art like that would make any malicious wanton behind a computer screen want to steal it!

Ps. I'm under 18 so I don't fit the requirments
    Think I scared away all potential partners with this one:)
    So an quick edit of the top post:

If you're interested and MOST my requirements are met,
    Send me an mail:
    tom.klovholt@shadow-embryo.com

I have an registered (in Norway) myself, so we can also publish under my company:
    http://www.shadow-embryo.com/
    No longer interested in an partner. I've decided to quit game dev, to focus 100% on my game art freelancer business. I don't got the energy to do both.
  • wormilwormil Member Posts: 127
    Oh, maybe my email was lost D:

Nevermind haha.
  • LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKMember, Sous Chef Posts: 956
    @dhondon

I realize that you're already a freelancer, so have some experience with the monetary side of things, but I'm willing to bet you could make a killing if you changed your business model slightly (for GS users anyways).

I've been working with an artist now, and we've thrown several hundred euros his way for one big reason (other than his abilities). He charges by the item. We send him a project asset sheet, and he'll quote a price for each of the 30 or so game elements, and we'll add or subtract assets from there. When we decide to begin a project, we know exactly how much we will be spending.

I've seen before that you charge by the hour, and I can tell you, from a beginning developer's standpoint, that system makes me nervous, since I have no idea what your time is worth. (Does an icon take 5 minutes? An hour?).

I think if you started doing an ala carte style business model (with a minimum order maybe?), GS users will flock to you. Maybe even introduce a "starter kit" like so:

Game Kit (non retina, images less than 100X100)
    HUD (icons, menus, menu BG, buttons, etc) $50
    Non animating actors -Between $5 - $10 each
    Animating - Between $30-$50 each
    Backgrounds Between $10-$30 each

It all adds up! Believe me, I've written the checks! But seriously, there are very few accessible artists in these forums, and a LOT of developers who can't draw to save their lives. Offer them a firm, tangible quote, and they'll come!
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    dhondon said:
    No longer interested in an partner. I've decided to quit game dev, to focus 100% on my game art freelancer business. I don't got the energy to do both.

Good luck with it. kip
    @LiquidGameworks

Yes, I've thought of doing some price examples on my website, so its easier to estimate the cost without needing to contact me. It's coming:) 90% of the projects I do is with an fixed price. I'm more comfortable myself with an fixed sum ( but there is an limit to how many and larger revisions I'm able to do without raising the price). Having an timer on my desk while I'm working stresses me out.

@old_kipper

Thank you:)
  • BlackbirdStudiosBlackbirdStudios Member Posts: 493
    dhondon said:

-I'm not stubborn:)

Yeah...right :)
    BlackbirdStudios said:
    Yeah...right :)

What are you referring to?
  • 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    dhondon said:

Right you cant work on both at the same time.One of my game is finished but the other one is stuck in middle as i am making art for others so i cant work on my game.YOu can do only one thing at a time.
    3d10 said:
    Right you cant work on both at the same time.One of my game is finished but the other one is stuck in middle as i am making art for others so i cant work on my game.YOu can do only one thing at a time.

Ummmmm... Yes, I wrote: "I don't got the energy to do both."