feed me back on photo

rnyacoubrnyacoub Member Posts: 132
hi,
i want to develop an adventure game so i start taking photos to modify them using Photoshop
my first photo (not modified)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]

pls let me know what u think , will it work fine

Comments

• BackUpAndDownBackUpAndDown Member Posts: 685
    Is that it's full size? The larger the original photo is the easier it will be to manipulate. You probably want it at least twice as large as it's final resolution. (ex. 960x640)

Also I'm not a professional at photo manipulation but there seem to be a lot of shadows being cast and that could make things difficult. The quality of the photo is good, Just try retaking the photo in the afternoon or when the sun isn't directly behind/in front of you. That should help eliminate a lot of the larger shadows.

Your on the right track though, good luck. :)
  • rnyacoubrnyacoub Member Posts: 132
    thanks for feeding back, the photo has been taken this afternoon, i will try to take shoots at night and morning
  • SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    It depends on the style/ atmosphere you have in mind for your game...

This is a quick modification with some overlay layers and a bit of grunge to give it a less clean/ realistic photo feel...
  • David_GryphonsRealmDavid_GryphonsRealm Member Posts: 459
    SpriteAttack said:
    It depends on the style/ atmosphere you have in mind for your game...

This is a quick modification with some overlay layers and a bit of grunge to give it a less clean/ realistic photo feel...

That my friend is pretty darn good :)

David
    Gryphon's Realm
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    You need to improve your composition before you start thinking about fx.

http://www.photographymad.com/pages/view/10-top-photography-composition-rules

The subject looks interesting tho and should work very well.