screen shots of my game

BIG_THINKIN_APPSBIG_THINKIN_APPS Member Posts: 944
hello here is a screen shot of my game feed comcom tell me how you like it. http://www.mediafire.com/i/?2udqynj8165m5gv

Comments

• BIG_THINKIN_APPSBIG_THINKIN_APPS Member Posts: 944
    so any one
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    Al Looks great, EXCEPT the Circle and the Pizza, lThe Style doesn't Matc with backgrounds and buttons.

Cheers.
  • DrGlickertDrGlickert Member Posts: 1,135
    I agree. The pizza and circle character don't look as good as the stars and the reset/pause icons.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Hey there,
    The monster and the pizza don't look great with the other style of graphics you have, I would redo them.
    because i need a good graphic software
  • SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    FlipFlop... the main problem with the screen imho is the consistency of the art... Try to keep things in the same style... I did a quick mock - same style outlines, shadows, colouring of elements and highlights...

• MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    SpriteAttack said:
    FlipFlop... the main problem with the screen imho is the consistency of the art... Try to keep things in the same style... I did a quick mock - same style outlines, shadows, colouring of elements and highlights...

Thats a good Example!
  • JadarStudiosJadarStudios Member Posts: 264
    You know, I really like it, but it reminds me of Cut The Rope....
    Wow looks great
    @SpriteAttack How do you keep consistency in your art? I'm having a little trouble with that myself...
    @Jadar - It starts with the title screen/ splash screen... and goes all the way through to the menu, ingame screen, level complete, shops, game over and high score screens... Line them up on one screen and look at what stands out as off/ not quite in style or just different... Most users won't notice it but the will get the feeling of the game being polished and more professional if all elements match and flow together to a good visual game experience.

I usually start by creating a logo and chosing (usually 2) fonts (one for the logo type and headlines or numbers) and one more easily readable (for instructions, level complete messages, etc)... The logo screen then defines the game experience (eg. by using bold and modern fonts with grunge overlays and dark concrete background materials I define an urban feel for the game)... I will then reuse the grunge overlays and similar colourschemes for the ingame backgrounds keeping them in the same lightness/ saturation level... If the logo has a thick comic style outline I would keep all ingame art outlined in a similar fashion.... or keep them in a similar cell shaded style...

The most common mistakes imho are:
    - the overuse of fonts - stick to 2 or 3 for the whole game UI [unless the font is used in images as lettering for shops/ packaging/ etc.]
    - drastic changes in light and contrast - keep screens on a similar level - you can progress through the colour realm - usually starting out less colourful and getting more colourful for boss/ epic scenes
    - photoshop effects - they are fun but a lot of 'artist' think the more you use the better the image will be... My suggestion is limit your use of fx to a few and keep reusing and variating them
    - lighting - look at your screens and imagine the light sources needed to create the highlights, shadows of your ingame/ ui elements... It's scary how often you find lights being randomly used for objects that appear on the same screen

I hope this helped a little bit... I could also have a look at your screens if you want me to and point out what I find inconsistent.
    SpriteAttack said:
    @Jadar - It starts with the title screen/ splash screen... and goes all the way through to the menu, ingame screen, level complete, shops, game over and high score screens... Line them up on one screen and look at what stands out as off/ not quite in style or just different... Most users won't notice it but the will get the feeling of the game being polished and more professional if all elements match and flow together to a good visual game experience.

I usually start by creating a logo and chosing (usually 2) fonts (one for the logo type and headlines or numbers) and one more easily readable (for instructions, level complete messages, etc)... The logo screen then defines the game experience (eg. by using bold and modern fonts with grunge overlays and dark concrete background materials I define an urban feel for the game)... I will then reuse the grunge overlays and similar colourschemes for the ingame backgrounds keeping them in the same lightness/ saturation level... If the logo has a thick comic style outline I would keep all ingame art outlined in a similar fashion.... or keep them in a similar cell shaded style...

- the overuse of fonts - stick to 2 or 3 for the whole game UI [unless the font is used in images as lettering for shops/ packaging/ etc.]
    - drastic changes in light and contrast - keep screens on a similar level - you can progress through the colour realm - usually starting out less colourful and getting more colourful for boss/ epic scenes
    - photoshop effects - they are fun but a lot of 'artist' think the more you use the better the image will be... My suggestion is limit your use of fx to a few and keep reusing and variating them
    - lighting - look at your screens and imagine the light sources needed to create the highlights, shadows of your ingame/ ui elements... It's scary how often you find lights being randomly used for objects that appear on the same screen

I hope this helped a little bit... I could also have a look at your screens if you want me to and point out what I find inconsistent.

WOW! Thanks so much! I don't have a complete enough game yet, so i can't show one to you just yet. I am working on one, but I'm still trying to figure out what my theme is going to be...
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    art looks like cut the rope and game play like spin the nut. Please produce something different and innovative if you really want to stay in appstore market.
  • ShineyGamesShineyGames Member Posts: 157
    SpriteAttack said:

Your like yoda
    I now have to redo my shadows.
    Would be nice if games salad could do drop shadow with globle lighting.
    @Shiney.... I am glad I could help... I will have to work on my floating and light saber abilities a little to match yoda :)