How can you program enemies to carry, and drop items

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
This may have come up before, so I apologize if so :)

How can you program, say, enemies flying while carrying items, then dropping them at random, or based on timer?

Comments

• KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    This is where an equation bar (or whatever they're called) would be extremely helpful on the timer.

Every 5 seconds
    Spawn "item" in direction... what would downward be, 270?

If you wanted to spawn different items randomly, I guess you could have a value that gets subtracted and added to every so often, and the specific values could be paired up with the items. Sorry, not exactly what you asked, but it's just an idea that popped into my head, and I don't have a pen to write it in my notebook :/
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I wanted a flying creature to hold say, an apple, then drop it as it's flying by at random, how could this be done?

I want the creature to be shown holding the apple, flying with it underneath (apple being held by feet), then dropping the apple at random while flying by
  • KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    Ergh, that's a little trickier. Make an animation of, say, a bird carrying an apple. then animate the bird dropping the apple, then spawn an actual apple where the animated apple is falling and change the actor image to a non-apple carrying bird... hope that actually makes sense.

Until they add an equation bar to the timer, you can't make it drop truly at random, just make it seem like it is.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    That's what I was afraid of.... scratch that idea! :)