Paid Pixel Artist?

wormilwormil Member Posts: 127
Has anyone hired a pixel artist before, and what rates should be expected?

I'm a not far off from finishing my BRILLIANT MASTER PIECE (sarcasm). I actually really enjoy the game, and I've had a great time learning how GameSalad works. I'd like to start focusing on getting some actual consistent menus (that aren't coder art) in my game, which I think will make it feel a bit more pro.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Comments

• SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    check out pixeljoint.com... It's one of the best forums for pixelart with a lot of good artists around...

Good luck...
  • wormilwormil Member Posts: 127
    Cheers!
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    Ive read that the hourly rates are between 20-40$/hour.
    Awesome, thanks :)
    Not sure why the menus should be pixeled though... most guys on pixeljoint do characters, tiles and animations and not UIs...
    Do you mind posting a screengrab?
    A screengrab of what? :)
    A screengrab of your game would be helpful to get an idea what you need and who could help you with the art for the UI....
    Oh, haha, I thought maybe of my currently crappy menus D:< I was going to cry!

Sure, I'm on it.
    http://s796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/thewormil/

Sorry, it's getting late and I'm trying to resolve why a server at work is screwing up D:
    Good start... but you need a UI designer more than a pixel-pusher [and I have done that long enough to say the term without it being meant in a bad way]...

I did a quick mock with some vector shapes this morning over the wake-up-coffee... It's just a quick mock but it might give you an idea... A lighter background makes the ships stand out more and adding glows to the markers makes them look a little nicer as well... ;)
    Holy crap! That's amazing. :D
    Yes, sorry, I was too stunned. I guess I need a UI designer :P
    ;)