Buying GS - Can I get the update without mac?

HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hello,

I will buy GS today and I want to know, if it is possible to get the unlocked version or update or whatever I will get by downloading it to a windows PC and transfer it to a mac by USB pen drive?

Or do I need a mac with internet connection and GS running to update to the unlocked version?
I mean can I update without GS or can I only just update through GS?

Comments

• HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    Ok, nobody wanted to answer my question, so I had to find out by doing myself :-)

I just bought GS and unfortunately I have to activate it within GS from the mac :-(
    So I have to wait until monday to be able to try my game on my iPhone...
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    I'm not 100% sure what you mean by try your game but any transferng even if it is already built does require a mac. You need provisioning certificates on the computer you are transfering with.
    Once you upgrade with gs and purchase your dev liscense from apple you can only test on a computer with that provisioning certificate which has to be a mac. In short you still need Xcode.
    I just wanted to know if I can purchase and activate paid version without internet on a mac.
    I had net only on windows.

Never mind. It's already done.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    You got to learn to love Mac. Let your mac grudge go and just role with it! You'll come around

:->
    It is not about loving mac.
    It is about being on a hackintosh without any wireless or LAN network card installed due to not available drivers. :-P