Soft images and a touch blurry

TboneTbone Member Posts: 49
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Sometimes GS displays my images soft and slightly fuzzy. Not all, only some. They're all png and saved for web/ devices at 72dpi. Most obvious with type that I've created in Photoshop and imported. Wierdo.

Anyone else have this? or know of a fix?

Comments

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    yeh i've had this a couple of times. When you preview it on the GS viewer do the images come out sharper? I found it was slightly blurry at times in the editor but when previewing it would always be crisp. The only fix i ever found was reopening my images, copying the image into a new blank image and importing that in.
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    When I get this problem, I resave as.... I think gif with alpha transparNcy. Then gs imports and converts back to png. Also need to remember to change the file name because even if you delete from gs, it will not import the image with the same name.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    it is because one of the dimensions of your .png is an odd dimension...
    e.g. 37x64

All of your images need to have even dimensions for them not to blur.

Gamesalad centers all of its actors, so if the size is odd, that pixel gets split, causing the blur.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Odd pixel sizes will work if you set your actor to not stretch. Edit your actor, under "graphics" select "horizontal wrap" and "vertical wrap" and change to "fixed" for both.

This should sharpen your graphics right up as long as you are not distorting them with the pixel dimension settings.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    how big are the images? They must be under 1024x1024, when mine were larger than that they got blurry.
  • TboneTbone Member Posts: 49
    I played around with sizes and it seems that having even pixel dimensions keeps the images crisp.

Haven't looked at turning off stretch but will today.

Cheers.