FPS Guns?

FlightfreakAppsFlightfreakApps Member Posts: 20
I'm making a simple FPS, but I need cutouts (like this one http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110530021104/callofduty/images/thumb/0/08/Shot0922.png/94px-Shot0922.png ) but not while he is reloading. Please help!

PS. also some crosshairs would be good, I can't seem to find any without a white background and there are NO good editing programs for mac. Thanks.

Comments

• svnsvn Member Posts: 445
    How in the WORLD are you making an FPS-with GameSalad?! The engine is strict 2D only!
  • BranFlizGamesBranFlizGames Member Posts: 91
    yeah FPS will be pretty hard with a 2d engine
  • LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKMember, Sous Chef Posts: 956
    On your other point, there are many great editing programs on Mac, and for the most part, they're the same you'd find on a PC. Adobe Photoshop, Pixelmator, and gimp give you three options in three price ranges ($$$,$,free).
  • FlightfreakAppsFlightfreakApps Member Posts: 20
    It's a bit like an image that moves... if you have ever seen one of those FPS flash games you should know what i'm talking about :)
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    RKS said:
    Mac is the most popular for image editing.

Not true. PC's have pretty much the same amount of image editing programs. There is nothing wrong with a PC for doing image editing.
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    RKS said:
    I know, but a graphic designer usually has a PC and 2 macs.

Where are you getting those numbers?
    RKS said:
    They use the macs more then the pc. It was counting graphic designers using win and graphic designers using macs. Macs are more popular in terms of people using it in editing.

Um.. I wouldn't be to sure of that. I know alot of people who use PC's for After Effects and Photoshop because PC's can get crazy fast. (as well as macs, but the cost is tremendous) It is a general known statement that Macs are used for more creative things like design, video, ect. But there is no way to prove so.

This argument/debate is going nowhere. lol

@liquidgameworks
    It really doesn't matter whether you use a mac or pc, but it would probably be easier to do art on a Mac, that way you don't have to port them over to the mac. I had those troubles when I first started because I didn't have the Adobe Suite on my mac yet.

Hope that helps
  • DimensionGamesDimensionGames PRO Posts: 993
    I have to disagree with you there DreamLab my dad works in publishing (Oxford University Press) and ALL designers have macs at work and at home due to them just being so much better than those pc things! :p
  • svnsvn Member Posts: 445
    Okay you guys, that whole thing about Macs vs Windows in design is really not helpful to FlightfreakApps. Don't want to be a pariah but I think we all get annoyed when a forum post to help others turns into an online debate about some random thing. So why don't we get back on track.
  • 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    Actually macs are generally more stable then the pc and also loading times of software are less on mac that why it is more used by professional due to greater stability.But there is nothing wrong with pc also they also deliver.
    And if you go at very high end productions they are using linux only
    because some visual effects software run only on linux because it can address large amount of memory and data.
  • TheBoss_123TheBoss_123 Member Posts: 60
    This one looks nice:

http://gouranga1.deviantart.com/art/Halo-3-HUD-Image-63824832?q=boost:popular halo assault rifle&qo=148

Anyway for graphic design PC's imo are better, I have insane specs on my PC and thus everything becomes so fast - A mac is more efficient no doubt about that but PCs can go insane at a cheap price
  • gaking2010gaking2010 Member Posts: 3
    yea that those look great to diffiult for iphone but could be good for the ipd
    TheBoss_123 said:
    This one looks nice:

http://gouranga1.deviantart.com/art/Halo-3-HUD-Image-63824832?q=boost:popular halo assault rifle&qo=148

Anyway for graphic design PC's imo are better, I have insane specs on my PC and thus everything becomes so fast - A mac is more efficient no doubt about that but PCs can go insane at a cheap price