Size 8000x320 scenes, because the background image is vented ??

venon_itvenon_it Member, PRO Posts: 594
edited November -1 in Tech Support
My scenes Size is 8000x320, i insert one background image, this image have this function, when pause is true Move , direction 180 velocity 150...

ok , when i see the game in GS all is OK, but when i put the game in iphone the background is vented ...

why?

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067
    Not sure what you mean by vented, but your background does seem very big. Try breaking it up into pieces and spawning and destroying them as needed.
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    Make sure your background image is an even power of 2
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    I have had some problems with that myself. Fine in gs but a mess on iPhone. Here is what j found. My image could not be both greyscale and move. I re scaled and colored my image to make sure it was the same as the others and it was fine. Power of 2 was not a problem. Your image may not be greyscale but maybe make sure it doesn't have some odd characteristic in it's pallet. May not be the best answer it's a start.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    the iphone can't handle images over 1024 in any direction, so I'd split that 8000x320 image into 8 1000x320 images. That might fix your issue (I'm not sure what you meant by vented either)
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    I'd try splitting it into eight 1,024x512 size images and leave the upper 192 horizontal lines empty/void of content (since it won't be visible) while sticking with the RGB color space PNG image type. You'll then have to "stitch" them together as one is about to start to reach its scroll limit (i.e. reveal blank space where the next stitched image should go).