BUG ERROS on 0.82 - destroy objects - sound play and auto rotation turned on

beatragebeatrage Member Posts: 126
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Unfortunatly I tryed to reinstall version 0.7 for me the perfect one...but my game build does not run anymore on 0.7 so I am trying to fix things that wasn't even getting errors at first !!

In my build running on 0.7 every sound was playing perfect and the collisions where perfect too with every actor enemy exploding and dying in perfect harmony....now my game doesn't play sound ( and only my explosions ) and some objects with collisions start their spawn at a rotation at 180 degrees ( automaticaly ) at the point that i need to tell them to change their rotation atribute from the start T_T.

Also, playing my game more carfully I could see that the framerate dind't change at all from version 0.7 some collisions are starting to make the restitution from some 0 restitution objects to start moving from nothing.

This errors are really compromising my development using this engine. I really like to use the engine 0.7 again...but my build does not let me do it.

So tell me why don't you let us use older engine versions when you are still fixing Gamesalad?

I really liked this engine and really if I knew all this was going to happen I would never update again my GS versions.

Comments

• ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    The solution is to let us pick the version of the engine we wish to deploy with. Not to bind us to the latest version.

That way when you make a game it stays tied to the version you made it for.

The way it is now it will require constant maintenance on our part to ensure all our games are always compatible with all future versions. An unworkable solution.

I understand that this is still beta though so I don't expect this feature request to fully be realized until 1.0. But the sooner the better IMO!

:)
  • beatragebeatrage Member Posts: 126
    yes but when upgrade gamesalad and change somethhing on the engine and save the build it's over you can't open that build with the older version again... and that killed my app.

I know it's still beta I am a programmer too but make an updated version that fix a touch issue and kill the sound, the rotation, the colision destruction and even more I have found today. some times , some behaviors change on an actor for nothing and sprites with resolutions like 128 x 180 don't move anymore, like they are just letting you put only power of 2 sprites... and that never always happen my friend. I have spent all my vacation hollidays only working with GS. And now what I have done is almost wasted.