High Quality, Free Music

illustrationismillustrationism Member Posts: 3
I'm biased, because I own the site, but Sakari Infinity has been running with free, high-quality music for nearly 8 years.
http://www.sakari-infinity.net

There are over 50 composers who have contributed to the nearly 500 songs on the site. There's certainly something for everyone.

It's completely free, as long as your game will be free. And, of course, we love being in the credits. =)

Comments

• BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    Good stuff, but what if we want to have our games as paid versions?
  • illustrationismillustrationism Member Posts: 3
    If there's a musician you really like, just contact them. Most of us really like doing paid jobs, or even pro bono work for commercial games.

All music published on the site is under the same license, which prohibits commercial use, but that's not to say that there's no other songs by those artists that are not on the site. =)
  • BlackLilyMediaBlackLilyMedia Member Posts: 7
    You should re-title you post to reflect the "non-free" aspect of the "free" music you're offering.....
  • illustrationismillustrationism Member Posts: 3
    Oops, late to the parade I am.

Hmm... "Non-free"? Oh, you mean how you can go to the website, download any of the music, and not have to pay anything "non-free"?

You want free? Do free. You want to get paid? Pay. That's the way the world works, dude. Welcome to it. Plus I did mention "pro bono". If you're not familiar with that term, it means "for free".

The site contains nothing but totally free music. To indicate otherwise would be a lie.

Plus there is no system set up to collect or distribute money, nor are there ads on the site. No one is making a penny off of this site. It's free.