my first game...heart break touch!

rdcuberdcube Member Posts: 361
edited November -1 in Announce Your Game!
Hi y'all,
I just publish my first game (I made this for my daughters, simple and very basic concept...just like many of the greats here started ;) and wanted to get y'alls feedback: http://gamesalad.com/game/play/39331

a couple of questions:

the music loop, is something I found a couple of years ago and had on my archives, not sure if I should use it or not, what u think?

also, to submit to apple, do you have to have several accounts? I only have the admin one...not sure if I need 'legal' or any of the others.

last, there's a game that's called 'heart break' (which has the same concept) and 'heart breaker'...do y'all think I could get sued or should I changed the name of my app?

any feedback, greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• rdcuberdcube Member Posts: 361
    forgot, how long does it take to get the 'bank, tax' and all the info to be process?
    I filled out the info and the status is 'blank', so...any ideas? I would like to at least have this in the appstore by 2/14 :(
    man, I thought this was going to be easy...
    please forgive all this post.

another question. how do I save high score?

I searched the forum and found how to save/load.

but my question is more in the lines of:

what is the best practice?
    do I create an actor and place it on the screen and in the actor put a timer to keep saving every second the current score to my 'highscore' attribute?

sorry if keep updating this post almost every hour with more questions...but it is my first game and want to release a decent app for most to enjoy ;)
  • iWiniWin Member Posts: 334
    There is a video on youtube that shows you how to save high scores. It shows you step by step instructions. Check it out.

Hope it helps

iWin
    thanks iWin, that helped a lot...I think I'm almost there.

any feedback on my other questions?
    man, this is frustrating...
    I just lost my game (thank god I had a backup).

now, as I just push to compile and actually test on my iphone, when importing the .app file into itunes, I get a blank icon with the name of my game?

does anybody know how to fix?

once sync to my iphone the icon is there, but wondering if I did something wrong?

please advise.

thanks.
    nobody knows?
    I think I had followed the instructions to the T...but can't get the icon to show up on my itunes.

also, I had applied a 'speed' variable for hearts to go faster every 10 seconds...once you loose, it clears the variable back to the speed it was...but on the iphone, it never resets.

please help :(
    I feel sad that nobody (except iwin) gave me a hand.
    but after two days of struggles, I was able to submit my game and now is waiting for review.

I'm just gonna take this post as a note of frustration and venting, instead of taking it off at my family ;~)