looking for a good artist to make me graphics. PLEASE HELP

BIG_THINKIN_APPSBIG_THINKIN_APPS Member Posts: 944
Hello game salad i need someone to make some graphics for my game. i can put you in my credits and give you a free promo code and let you beta test the game.

email me if you want to make them for me.

my email is ipodco@aol.com

thanks - conner

btw post that you emailed me so i know.

Comments

• JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    i suggest you learn yourself or hire someone. No ones gonna make graphics for free for a whole game. You might get lucky and find a couple people that will do one or 2 things for you, but then itll just end up looking like crap most likely with out of place art and different styles.

I also consider it kinda rude to ask for free art as well, but thats just me.
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    i suggest you learn yourself or hire someone. No ones gonna make graphics for free for a whole game. You might get lucky and find a couple people that will do one or 2 things for you, but then itll just end up looking like crap most likely with out of place art and different styles.

I also consider it kinda rude to ask for free art as well, but thats just me.

I agree, is extremely rude ( and naive to actually think someone will do it). Train for months/years, do it yourself. and put your own name in the credits.
  • BIG_THINKIN_APPSBIG_THINKIN_APPS Member Posts: 944
    sorry I'm only 11 i will pay 20
    and it is not all the graphics
    any one
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    Hey flipflop...
    A little advice perhaps for you...
    Generally speaking...$20 will probably buy you 1 small custom graphic from a professional.

Be aware that game design (generally speaking) is about 1% an idea, 50% art, 30% programming and 19% marketing and support.

Art is a big part of the process. I recommend that if you are truly passionate about game design that you try to develop your skills in the art department. You don't need to be an "Artist" to make graphic art. You just need some basic skills and practice. You could make game art in Sketchup for example. 3D model your actor art in sketchup and then export the iconography for your game from it. The program is free to use...and takes a weekend or 2 to learn it.

Another option is to find someone locally...perhaps at your school...that is skilled in creating art. Have them team up with you and make a game together.

At any rate...have fun and do your best. Practice makes perfect. Robert Nay was only 12 years old when he made Bubble Ball and it went to number 1. He's made enough money off of it now to go to college. And if you look at it...the art is very basic. His was more about the idea and the execution of that idea than on creating a visually stunning game. It was a simple puzzler that was fun for ANY age.

Good luck with your game.
    all i need is 5 graphics 3 back grounds and 2 other things
    For $20...you can probably find what you need then on www.istockphoto.com. Pro royalty free graphics for cheap!
    thanks for the advice
    synthesis said:
    For $20...you can probably find what you need then on www.istockphoto.com. Pro royalty free graphics for cheap!

thanks but i can't find what i need
    Then use a google image search and tweak what you find to your liking.

I find it hard to believe that you can't find something to use on iStock. What are you looking for...a pink turtle?

You may be waiting days or weeks for someone to do the art for you. I'm just trying to suggest some alternatives for you.
    synthesis said:
    Then use a google image search and tweak what you find to your liking.

I find it hard to believe that you can't find something to use on iStock. What are you looking for...a pink turtle?

You may be waiting days or weeks for someone to do the art for you. I'm just trying to suggest some alternatives for you.

no I'm not looking for a pink turtle lol. I'm looking for backgrounds
    i would be very thankful if some one could make me some graphics
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    don't want to sound harsh, but this is not the place to be begging for free graphics. there has been way too much of that recently.
  • JadarStudiosJadarStudios Member Posts: 264
    @flipflop What kind of thing are you looking for?
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    Woke up to an angry mail today:

"Why you call me bad for asking for free art douche?

In real life I am old and big enough to drop you like a wet turd.

flipflopgames

ipodco@aol.com"

Thats really professional of you flipflopgames.
  • DreamStudiosDreamStudios Removed Posts: 148
    edited December 2013
    dhondon said:

flipflopgames

ipodco@aol.com"

It wouldn't have been him, I also received a similar email. It's created using an anonymous email server.

@flipflopgames send me an email, I'll help you out:

Thanks,
    Jon
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    dhondon said:

flipflopgames

ipodco@aol.com"

He is 11, he'll drop you man, he is old enough!
  • VGXVGX Member Posts: 796
    jonmulcahy said:
    don't want to sound harsh, but this is not the place to be begging for free graphics. there has been way too much of that recently.

+1
    what
  • VGXVGX Member Posts: 796
    correct me if i'm wrong but if you really are 11 you will not be able to make money from apps anyway.
    but if your making them free then i wouldn't bother stressing over graphics. your still young and can learn graphics and code quickly.
  • PortgasPortgas Member Posts: 71
    personally i would suggest to not even bother with the game if you have this kind of attitude
    good game takes time, determination, skills and often not a small amount of money

to make games just for fun... i think there is better way to have fun, if i was 11 i wouldnt even bother and go play xbox or whatever
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Im closing this down. Everyone needs to stop begging for free art.
This discussion has been closed.