garageband loops

rdcuberdcube Member Posts: 361
hey y'all,
just in case u didn't know: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2931
it seems we can use the included loops in garage band to create our own composition for commercial projects royalty free...I think ;)

Comments

• dereklaruedereklarue Member Posts: 121
    Yea, all music from garage band can be used for any personal or commercial use. Its what i use for my games. And its fun to play around in as well. Its one of the upsides of owning a mac.
    :)
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    yeah. I been using garage band loops for a while. Especially good if you play too you can lay down every thing in minutes and then throw a little guitar or something on top to make it a little more your own. It's funny seeing this thread cause I just used it making my video a couple hours ago. Gb sound quality is awesome. I actually own the newest cubase with a descent little home studio and I still find myself hopping on the gb just cause it's so easy.

Just to clarify yes you can use it for anything other than pretending a single loop is yours and selling it as a loop. I researched quite a bit to be safe before submitting my first app. :)
  • KempProductionsKempProductions Member Posts: 139
    It doesn't let me add things i have saved from GB in my audio. Is there a certain way you must save your GB loops?
    in GB export to disk then drag the file you exported into the GS audio tab much like dragging images