BUG - Control Camera behavior screws up the motion

scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
edited November -1 in Tech Support
http://gamesalad.com/game/play/39504

Click on the white rectangle. When released it should shoot to the right. This works fine when there is no control camera behavior. With the control camera behavior things get all messed up!

HELP!

Comments

• ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    I'm on my iPhone so I can't see the link, but the first thing that came to mind was: are you using a camera offset in calculating the touch position?
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    no. it's real simple. just a control camera behavior in one actor on a blank screen
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Not a bug, and here is why:
    You have a really large scene, and your camera tracking area ( http://gamesalad.com/wiki/scene_preview ) is the size that it is (204x160). When you have the control camera behavior on the actor, when it hits the edge of the camera tracking area, it starts moving the camera view, and thus it looks like your actor is not moving because your view is moving with it. BUT, the camera view area(480x320 in portrait mode) must always be within the boundaries of the scene, so when it hits the boundary, your actor can no longer "push" the camera view and the actor continues off the scene area and seems like it continues moving.

Without control camera it just continues to the right because you are watching a particular area of the scene and not watching the actor.

Analogy: If you are at a basketball game, if you only focus on the cheerleaders/home team bench, the basketball comes into view sometimes. If you follow the basketball, it is always centered in your view and relatively not moving. :)
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    So the black background is throwing off my perspective. I need to put some hot cheerleaders in the background! Of course that was what my game was missing! Good thinking! I feel like such a bench warmer!

Thanks!