TOTB4?

FloridaGamesFloridaGames Member Posts: 328
edited November -1 in Conferences and Events
Is there going to be a TOTB4 contest? If so, any idea when it would be?

Comments

• calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    I think only stromy and siri will know this

Calvin
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    I was thinking the same thing...

I've got a best man speech to get out the way this weekend...but then I could start putting the time into setup a Winter Contest.

I'll do a post soon and a poll to gauge interest in another competition.

Cheers

Jon (aka stormy)

Oh and for those not in the know...here is the last contests official page, listing al the amazing prizes (GS Pro Licence was a big one) and a video of each of the entrants

http://stormystudio.com/totb3.html
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    A suggestion... Could the rules really push the envelope further? Things like 'no touch control', everybody has to use the same graphics, only photographic imaging, all built on the same template, only one actor apart from boundary walls, multiplayer with one device, 60 second game, 'it not a game, its a toy', a love letter to peace, it has to make people laugh, the worst graphics possible provided and then we have to use them the best we can, everything made from fonts... I could go on...

The reason I suggest these is that it might make things really creative if solutions take some 'totb' thinking, breaking away from norm.

kipper
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    old_kipper said:
    A suggestion... Could the rules really push the envelope further? Things like 'no touch control', everybody has to use the same graphics, only photographic imaging, all built on the same template, only one actor apart from boundary walls, multiplayer with one device, 60 second game, 'it not a game, its a toy', a love letter to peace, it has to make people laugh, the worst graphics possible provided and then we have to use them the best we can, everything made from fonts... I could go on...

The reason I suggest these is that it might make things really creative if solutions take some 'totb' thinking, breaking away from norm.

kipper

haha This is an awesome idea. Level the Playing field even further down to pure GS coding skills and the entrants imaginations.
    old_kipper said:
    Things like 'no touch control', everybody has to use the same graphics, only photographic imaging, all built on the same template, only one actor apart from boundary walls, multiplayer with one device, 60 second game....

Certainly love some (all) of these ideas...

I'd also like it so that all games are made 'GameSalad arcade' friendly so we can all play them at the end if we want to...

I'll get round to a more official post soon.....
  • svnsvn Member Posts: 445
    So does this mean that a TOTB 4 is on its way?
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    Lets get a real nice stable working piece of software first. Cant be to imaginative if half the tools that should work arent working, or arent working correctly. Just MY Opinion.
  • JamwithnoJamwithno Member Posts: 312
    I hope there is a fourth one because I totally failed at the last one
    Will get on the case soon. Just wanted to wait till the bugs were out of the first. Might wait till v1.0 then do it.
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    How about a Christmas one where the judging is whoever makes the most money on the winter freeze week where Apple shuts down?

That way, it involves marketing and everything, so more of an all round contest.

Ace
    Good idea ace
    Nice idea, but that does involve getting a game made, finished submitted and approved on the app store in a pretty short amount of time. Since so few previous entries have actually made it to the app store it might be pushing it.

If people want a new contest I'm tempted to organise a proper one to start on 1st of December and finish on the 21st. Then judgIng could be done over the Christmas new year time. And results announced in January. If you like the idea please say so. Them I can start requesting prize donations and volunteers for judging from respected gs professional users . (don't volunteer yet).
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Jeffnichols said:
    Lets get a real nice stable working piece of software first. Cant be to imaginative if half the tools that should work arent working, or arent working correctly. Just MY Opinion.

I've seen some pretty Amazing Stuff out of the TOTB contest using this half ass working piece of junk software. The Last round alone blew me away at some of the things these guys came up with. Im honestly glad I was judge so I didn't have to worry about an entry. :)
  • LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKMember, Sous Chef Posts: 956
  • FloridaGamesFloridaGames Member Posts: 328
    sounds good to me, stormy.
    That would be great

(Edit... http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=34756)
  • svnsvn Member Posts: 445
    How about we start the year off with a new TOTB? Rather than do it at the end of the year, let's start the year off with a bang.
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    svn said:
    How about we start the year off with a new TOTB? Rather than do it at the end of the year, let's start the year off with a bang.

You mean something like this...:)
    http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=34756

- Alex
    :-)