Zombie Pinball (iPhone)

2»

Comments

• rtisticgirldcrtisticgirldc Member Posts: 14
    using KY4963AKM63L - checking it out now :D totally fun! wrote a review.
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    @Chunky I have just realised that I must apologise for my flipper complaint re zombie pinball as the slow reaction was on ipad only (an x2 touch mapping issue presumably) and controls are ok on my 3gs.

I can't wait for the ipad version - your playfield components are amazing.
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    No worries Rob... no need for apology... it was just feedback, and all feedback is appreciated. I actually tested the game on iPad and didnt find any issue... but that doesnt mean there isnt one, that i just havent seen :)

But yup.. iPad version went live last night... along with a new iphone update that brings the app under 20mb.
  • JPickardJPickard Member Posts: 477
    I haven't reviewed it yet because it crashed on me. I see there was an update the other day, and along with a clean iOS update yesterday, I'll give it another try. It was fun while it lasted, though. ;)
    perfect perrrrchased :) snort!

edit: I always wondered what the doughnuts were... tyres!
  • SnapFireSnapFire Member Posts: 361
    I call 7TNWRKJH6FKX
    (seven ton nuns will reide kangeroos jacking hiden (6) foxes xuberantly)

LOL

Looks Awesome!
    Looking forward to it

-Thomas
  • theDaveBtheDaveB Member Posts: 16
    Just downloaded this on iPad as it's FREE.

As soon as I pressed start on the title screen, I knew it was a GS (the delay gives it away).

Also the ball freezes every now and again for a split second, this is on iPad 1.

Dave
    Yup... I put all my games free for a few days to see how many downloads theyd get... my sales have never been good, so I figured I had nothing to lose :)

If nothing else, it helps to boost the flagging ego once you see one of your games steaming up the charts...even if it is Free.

As for the ball freezing for a split second on the iPad, I never experienced it, but Im thinking its likely a preload issue when one of the items triggers an animation. I'll have to give it a look at for the next update.
    Awesome! By far the best Pinball i've played in a long time!

One problem:
    You can just keep the ball in between the flippers without doing anything. This shouldn't really be possible in pinball. Makes it really hard to loss and too easy.

Nice Job!
    -Thomas

PS. Don't need my Promo.
    SnapFire said:
    Awesome! By far the best Pinball i've played in a long time!

One problem:
    You can just keep the ball in between the flippers without doing anything. This shouldn't really be possible in pinball. Makes it really hard to loss and too easy.

Nice Job!
    -Thomas

PS. Don't need my Promo.

cheers Snapfire...glad you like it.

keeping the ball between the flippers is an interesting one.... and something thats been mentioned by a couple of other players. In early test versions I had the paddles slightly wider apart, giving a bigger gap that the ball could fall through, but it felt a little unfair that the ball could just roll through if the player didnt do anything... so I moved the paddles closer together.

Makes the game less punishing, but from what Im hearing, especially from pinball fans is that its not entirely accurate, and should have the wider gap.

So I'll have to look into it for consideration for a future update. So far Im getting some pretty good and useful feedback that i can take forward for improving the game, or for using in future games.
  • perfectanswerperfectanswer PRO Posts: 121
    Howdy ;)
    I'am #15 on the leader boards ;)
    Test it on iPAD today (the HD Version). After starting the game there was many performance issues. Nearly every animation stops for good 1 sec. and make the game unplayable. I think it's a memory issue. After throw out every other App out of the App bar (don't know the name for this, but comes after pressing the button twice below), the game runs pretty smooth, no hick ups, etc.

GameCenter:
    Every time I press the submit to GC button, I receive a Login error. After press again the score will submit with no problems. On IPhone the Leaderboard is fullscreen, on IPAD is the leader board small and centered.

The Game is fun to play and I love the art, looks very good. Good luck with sells!
  • GraybayGraybay Member Posts: 114
    Really nice polished feel and graphics, I enjoyed playing. It froze up on me for 2 or more seconds a few times though during gameplay.
    Im going to have to look into the freezing up issue... it looks like its a memory/pre-load issue, so should be reasonably easy to track down.

On a side note... going free has turned up some interesting things. Ive had 2 publishers contact me... one interested in seeing my future games for consideration, and another interested in publishing the Android versions of Zombie Pinball in the Far East!?!

Ive already come to terms with the fact that Im useless when it comes to marketing, so might be a good thing to hand publishing over to someone else, so I can just concentrate on making games...
    Just a note about the iPad version - all ok except for occasional freeze and aspect ratio is off.
  • mutinysoftmutinysoft Member Posts: 59
    hey chunky my team would like to speak with you. Is there an email we can reach you at? you can post here or PM me.

Thanks!
    Chunkypixels said:
    cheers Snapfire...glad you like it.

keeping the ball between the flippers is an interesting one.... and something thats been mentioned by a couple of other players. In early test versions I had the paddles slightly wider apart, giving a bigger gap that the ball could fall through, but it felt a little unfair that the ball could just roll through if the player didnt do anything... so I moved the paddles closer together.

Makes the game less punishing, but from what Im hearing, especially from pinball fans is that its not entirely accurate, and should have the wider gap.

So I'll have to look into it for consideration for a future update. So far Im getting some pretty good and useful feedback that i can take forward for improving the game, or for using in future games.

Yeah... I can't quite decide if it would be better if you did or not. However, it would be more like normal pinball.
    Glad for you getting all these offers! Good luck!

-Thomas