Play sound FX before going to next Scene?

JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
In my game I have an exit that then takes the player onto the next level (scene)

When my player comes in contact with the exit I want it to play a 5 second sound fx while moving onto the next scene.

I had this working in GS 0.7.x, the sound FX would start on contact and then continue to play when it jumped into the next scene, but I have now noticed that since the GS 0.8.x update this no longer seems to be playing.

RULE:
When Actor (exit) colides or overlaps with Actor (player)
Play sound - run to completion
Change scene

I know I could probably put a 5 second delay wrapped around the change scene behaviour but I don't really want to delay the scene change that long and I didn't need to do this in GS 0.7.x.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Jason

Comments

• JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
    HI Tshirtbooth,

Thanks for your post -yes I know I can delay the event for 5 second for the sound to play as mentioned in my post, but I don't really want to delay the scene change for that long and I didn't need to do this in 0.7.x?

I think joe (firemaple) suggested in another post just wrapping the change scene in a 0.1 second event to force the sound effect to play first as the change scene was firing off before the sound FX had a change to start playing. But even if I set the time to 1 second, it only plays 1 second of the sound FX before changing scene cutting the sound short.

Apart from wrapping this in a 5 second timer delay is there another way?
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    is the 'run to completion' checkbox ticked on the sound effect?
  • JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
    yes ticked.