Need help getting PR and better sales for your game and app? Help Is Here!

idcidc Member Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Introductions
I would like to let you know that our wildly successful press release service again has a promotional price due to the extremely high demand!

• Want better sales?
• Want more traffic to your App / Game?
• Want more journalists to write about your App / Game!?

Our press release service is perfect! We write the press release, and we send it out to all our iPhone contacts in Europe, North America and Asia! Our work speaks for itself! Check out some of the awesome press releases we have done for other clients on our website!

Don't take my word for it! Here is what others say!

“The guys at Indie Developer Consulting work with great sense of responsibility and devotion to customer care. Working with such partners is always pleasure while at the same time guarantees effective marketing and fast ROI. Cooperating with them is definitely a worthy investment for improving app's sales!”

“Working with Indie Developer Consulting was fantastic. At first I was apprehensive, but after I spoke at length with them over the phone about the past and present of commercial and indie game development, I had no doubts that I needed their experience. It has been essential, and from now on I'll never do it a different way”

“I have been impressed by the advice Indie Developer Consulting provided me, and the great job they did on the press release and publicity. The service I received was worth far more than the small fee I paid”

www.indiedeveloperconsulting.com

Comments

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    This is a bit negative but can't help myself say a few words...

The "promotional price due to the extremely high demand" doesn't make sense to me from a business point of view, why lower prices if your extremely busy? If i run a business like this and had a lot of people paying me i wouldn't lower the price.

Normally people lower prices or have a promotion when things are not going well.

When we did Tumble Jumble we used Chillingo and i also spent days marketing, press releases, contacting the big sites, giving away promo codes etc and all the bigger sites where simply too busy to review.

Touch arcade: I sent 4 press releases and sent out 4 promo codes to editors....result=nothing not even a thank you or reply.

The other big sites where also too busy to review but some did send info about advertising.

I have paid several companies to promote our PC games and all with similar results 0-low sales and a waste of money so sorry if i'm a bit of a none believer in marketing services like this.

My advice if your serious about making some return on your games is to pay for some advertising on touch arcade, write your own press release (no one is more passionate about your game than you!) and spend a day or 2 gathering sites and editors yourself and try to build up a relationship.

We got a free banner on appaddict as a result of the personal touch approach.

Facebook and twitter are also advised as a great way to great a buz and marketing.

Sorry to go on but experience has taught me these press release services are almost as bad as a PAD file submittion for pc games and your better off doing it yourself.

Regards,

Darren.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    This smells like spam to me. This "member" joined 8 hours ago. I don't think we need people trying to sell their services in our forum.

Just my opinion.

Thanks Darren for sharing your experience.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    While I probably wouldn't recommend this particular service, perhaps a forum where people could offer services / hire people might be cool. GameSalad makes it easy. Having someone else do it for you is even easier. HA HA.

I'm currently not in the market for such services, but I remember seeing something like this at Lulu.com and that seemed OK to me.