GameSalad viewer .8.3 not finding my dev profile. Anybody having viewer issues?

design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I just installed the new viewer and now I can't test on my phone, when I click "build and run" I get an error "Code Sign error: a valid provisioning profile matching the applications's identifier 'com.gendaigames.gamesaladview' could not be found."

I tried re-adding (replacing) the profile to iTunes but no difference. I've created two updates for my game with no problem, but the only thing I can see that has changed is the new 8.3.

I need to get another update going as soon as possible, so I need to figure out what's going on here.

Comments

• ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    i wanted to update my provision, but i am getting the same thing. I cant build the 0.83 to my device.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I am wondering if we need to download the newest SDK to go with the ipod software that was newly released. that's what I am trying anyways (as I wait for it to download!)
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    "you have updated your device to iPhone OS 3.1.3 with iTunes, you must install iPhone SDK 3.1.3 in order to continue with your development."

I copied and pasted the above text from the apple iphone dev center
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    You read my mind, I'm about 3/4 downloaded.
    I downloaded the new sdk, and newest iTunes, and have the latest iPhone software.

Still no luck. I've put an e-mail into tech support, but no word yet.

Is there anybody NOT having this issue?
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    you have to make sure it matches YOUR application identifier, NOT Gendai's...

so make sure it looks like this:

com.design219.gamesaladviewer (or whatever you have it set up as)

and not

com.gendaigames.gamesaladviewer.
    THANK YOU FIREMAPLEGAMES!

That was it. Head up to everyone updating their viewer.