my logo

mrglocklingmrglockling Member Posts: 258
what do you guys think?

logoimage hosting gif

Comments

• JamwithnoJamwithno Member Posts: 312
    Its pretty cool great job
  • MonkeyFaceMonkeyFace Removed Posts: 52
    The image would be subject to copyright :)
  • debugdesigndebugdesign Member Posts: 886
    Too much... A logo needs to work in 2 colour (in its simplest form) - it looks like an image off the Internet with mg super imposed on it...

What does the box mean?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Need Game Graphics?: http://www.graphic-buffet.com
  • mithraweptmithrawept Member, PRO Posts: 167
    Looks good. You could try giving the MG a 3D trail into the cube?
  • TeamLava8TeamLava8 Member, BASIC Posts: 294
    Hey there. Wanted to stick to your concept a bit...

Making the world better one pixel at a time!

My Website
    Over 70 AWESOME Gamesalad Templates by me!
    HIRE ME!

• mrglocklingmrglockling Member Posts: 258
    It's not from the Internet I made it from scratch ;) shows how good I am in photoshop haha
    @jayleedesigns That's pretty good! I'm just worried if it will become more pixelated if I rotate it (landscape game) and debugdesign it just looks cool with a glowing box what does the fish in Andreas illingers splash screen for his game tiny wings have to do with tiny wings?
    Oh by the way jay I've seen some of your work and it looks amazing keep up the good work
  • SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    I second debug and rks... neither design is a logo... try and think a lot simpler... without fancy effects, bevels or even gradients...

@Jay - check the lighting of your design... You want the MG to stand out - hence the lightest side of the cube - yet you add the shadow gradient on top and have the shadow of the cube come towards the viewer, indicating a light source behind the cube. It just makes it look odd to say the least.

Hey jay I tried it on my iPhone 4s and it looks good I'll have to do a small amount of cropping to show more like the games part unless you want to make it landscape :)
    Thanks sprite attack ;)
  • MonkeyFaceMonkeyFace Removed Posts: 52
    Just a heads up. If you copy an image from a tutorial it is still subject to copyright.

But JayleeDesigns and Sprite Attack where kind enough to offer you a free logo, best to use their's :)
    Again I say i did not take it off the internet I made it in photoshop it had about 10-15 different layers trust me im well aware of copyright issues. And i will use Jaylees logo i just need to resize it to fit landscape.
    Its on the internet?
    Oh wow it is!!! i saw a friend who made it showed me and i just copyed it after him from remembering what i saw!! And i thought he created it without help :)
  • TeamLava8TeamLava8 Member, BASIC Posts: 294
    @spriteattack you are absolutely right. I actually sort of slapped everything together (rather carelessly) and didn't sit back and really examine what I had done.

My old teachers would have reamed me for sure.

@mrglockling Here is an updated version without the wacky forward shadow. In landscape of course! Enjoy!

Making the world better one pixel at a time!

My Website
    Over 70 AWESOME Gamesalad Templates by me!
    HIRE ME!

• EireStudiosEireStudios Member Posts: 451
    jayleedesigns said:
    @spriteattack you are absolutely right. I actually sort of slapped everything together (rather carelessly) and didn't sit back and really examine what I had done.

My old teachers would have reamed me for sure.

@mrglockling Here is an updated version without the wacky forward shadow. In landscape of course! Enjoy!

Hi jayleedesigns, I'm trying to contact you via your site about doing some work for me, I'm just wondering did you receive my email?
    Jay thanks so much the work your showing around here has made known quite fast!! keep it up!