Bouncing gets crazy

HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I make a wallbreaker game.

After many MANY tries and different settings I have set the ball's settings so:

Density 1
Friction 0
Restitution 0

All bricks and walls and other objects, the ball should bounce off, have the settings so:

Density 0
Friction 0
Restitution 1

It works fine, but no matter, what I do, the ball sometimes gets crazy.
Mostly when it is bouncing between 2-3 objects in the shortest time (3 bricks near eachother)

The ball speads up and is bouncing like crazy until it goes off the screen and I get a new ball.

It seems, it is a bug... or do I do something wrong?

(please remember, I already tried all kind of settings for the above mentioned attributes)

Comments

• rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    I would try setting density to 3 through 7 and restitution to like 0.2 to 0.4. May want to toss in a very small amount of drag to control speed build up.

I only played with this stuff briefly a few weeks back (since my current game doesn't really use much of it). So other may have more proven settings/methods.

Also, isn't there a brick game template to look into? (at work on a PC so I cannot readily check)
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    Thanks!
    Density doesn't do much if the objects are not movable. I tested them around.

If I set the ball's density higher, then it gets heavy and slows down. As I said, it works as intended, but it gets crazy only some times without any reason.

There is a brick game template, but it is a crap to be the honest. It has many flaws, like this, just even wors. It is a very very basic template and rather useless.
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    Did you apply a max speed value and check the enable max speed checkbox?
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    You are my hero!

I didn't notice the max speed attribute :-)

Now it seems to work, but I still have to test in GS and on the iPhone.

Thanks!

I also restarted my laptop and iPhone. Maybe I had too few memory or such and that's why it got jerky.