Not so sure about my logo??

LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
Im not so sure, about my logo and don't know how i could improve, i really want to keep the fire though,
Do you guys have any ideas??

My logo:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

• LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    Ya sorry i meant to say splash screen, i have tried different colors, but is there any other way that i could/improve or change it??,
    could someone give me an example??
    :),
    Lol
    ill lose the leonard developer maybe,
    still id like to see what other people have to say, soil going wait for months and months and then receive one reply telling me not to bump old threads:)
  • JPickardJPickard Member Posts: 477
    I like it very much, (and I make logos for a living.) For a splash screen it works fine, but you might wanna see how it works in other ways. ie: very small. On white as if printed on a magazine page, in Black and White for newspaper, etc...
    Ok im gonna check that out now, and thanks J
    My original one:

Some variations of my new one:
  • JPickardJPickard Member Posts: 477
    also: you might wanna try the flame in one color (yellow/orange gradation, maybe) and the text in another (the original glowing green?). Either two colors that are close together on the color wheel (ie: yellow and orange), or two complimentary colors (ie: orange and blue).

edit: remember, though, yellow is almost invisible against a white background.
    Thanks J,
    Im gonna try that now and post it up later,
    Keep the comments coming guys, this is great!! :),
    Jack
  • mrglocklingmrglockling Member Posts: 258
    you could try using a color palette to create a cool logo i guess check this palette out!!

http://www.colorhunter.com/palette/763252
  • mrglocklingmrglockling Member Posts: 258
    wish i had photoshop to try some things out myself but my trial ran out :(
  • MoonMouseMoonMouse Member Posts: 75
    Heya Thermo :)
    This is just something I've put together.

Message me if you're interested! :D

Photobucket
    Oh, and here is a slightly greener version in case you prefer it. :)

Photobucket
    I do like these but however, if I were purchase these off you can I also have a png of a watermark of the flame, how much will these be I however do prefer the classic look that I made, thanks anyway!,
    In any case how much are you charging??
    Hahha, not a problem LeonardDeveloper! :D

I would be more than happy to make you a png watermark of your flame with the logo.
    In fact, if you like, I am happy to change the wording to your older font. (The only reason I changed it was because I recognized it as the Transformers font, and I wasn't sure if there was any copyright laws about that :P)

If you're interested, let me know what you'd be willing to pay. I'm pretty easy in terms of pricing - and I'll work my hind off until you're satisfied with the end product ;)

Cheers,
    MM
    Hey moon mouse, I know it's been about 3 weeks but I only saw this now, I am interested in buying these off you, is there an email I can discuss this with you on?
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    LeonardDeveloper - get the one without the green, it looks more professional.
  • DrakDrak Member Posts: 75
    It's not really a logo....Don't want to be the "evil man" but What did you do on this logo MoonMouse? Apply a grunge texture in product mode and a green layer?

Leonard...It's about your money but sincerly, don't pay for that! It doesn't looks like a logo...It's not really profesional in my opinion..
  • mu-kowAPPSmu-kowAPPS Member Posts: 233
    Have you considered replacing the O in thermo with the flame? I mean the rounded bottom portion of it only and the top of it still sticking up. Also, I like the idea of no leonard developer
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2011
    @ Drak i know exactly what you mean but standard for excellence is pretty low in this community, mainly because most of developers here are not professionals. so be kind to them =) and for the ones of us who's used to taking harsh criticism constructively(i know you are)... got to be kind to the ones who doesn't experience that kind of expectation daily =) they are just doing it for fun.. that being said. the splash screen moon mouse made is worth the price he's probably thinking of charging... there's a price for every kinds of service =) professionalism is a relative term =) I learn that hard and clear being here for a few month. so just take it lite on the members they are kind folks.
    and hope no one takes it as offensive. when I say excellence... i'm talking about paul rand excellence, steve job excellence. and almost all of us are not even close yet, just striving to be.
    i guess. to put it short. you either think the iTunes logo is ugly or you don't.. and for the most part.. it's just personal preference... if you think it's ugly as some of us do.. you'll probably complain about every single thing that you see =) it's nothing personal, just taste preference.
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    try Stan R
    Look up Stan R on Facebook.
    H did the logo for facebook.com/fabledapps
    same genre =) moon mouse's stuff will probably work for you.
    No prob Ultima,

I understand and I don't want to be rude but I find that unfortunate to paid for that ( reality is here...) I think that a Community is intended to evolve, so when you say that excellence is pretty low i'm agree but don't you want to see that changing?
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I wasn't planning on charging very much for it at all. I'll admit I may have gotten a bit over excited, I'm a minor, see, I've never had a job, and the idea of making any money whatsoever is just so exciting for me.

I apologize if I've insulted anyone. I never meant for that at all. Leonard asked how he could improve his logo, and I thought I'd whip this up for fun.
    It did take a bit of time, and it was a bit more than must a grunge layer, so I thought to upload it and see if I could make a little something for it.

Once again, I'm, sorry if this has offended anyone. I guess this is a learning experience :)
  • mu-kowAPPSmu-kowAPPS Member Posts: 233
    Don't feel bad moonmouse, your art looks pretty cool.
    edited December 2011
    @ Drak change is always nice, especially improvement =)

@MoonMouse no you didn't insult anyone, you are just having fun. and artworks is pretty cool, it's just not what pros consider a "logo" because you applied effects to what wasn't a properly designed logo to start with =). But who cares, you are young, make a few bucks off your time.

no offense to leonard. knowing that he provides graphic service all the time.. most of us fail at our own logo/brand. it's just an impossible project.
    HEY!!No don't worry MoonMouse, like ultima said you didn't insult anyone here....you said :

I'd whip this up for fun

So why asking money? Do it for fun...And 'cause you want to learn and to increase your skills ;)

i think it'd only be fair if he can charge for his work freely =) you guys have completely different style and experience i don't think you'll get in each other's way. we can't go out and tout that we are better, there's always someone else out there who's better than we are.
    there's always someone else out there who's better than we are.

Agree With that my friend!
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the suggestions and comments. :)

I agree that we are all here to improve. Hahha! I highly doubt that anyone sits down and says to themselves "gee, today I feel like making a terrible game..."

But hey, for me that's the best thing about the Gamesalad community - the fact that there are so many great people who are willing to lend a hand, ready to share their knowledge and experience with others.
    If we keep at it like this, then I truly believe that the quality of our games can only get better and better.
    And who knows? It mightn't be too long before some of us are developing the Angry Birds of the future ;)

Wow!, I haven't been on this thread in ages!, thanks for all the recommendations guys!,