Wood crate?

mrglocklingmrglockling Member Posts: 258
Ok so I know ive been posting alot in this specific area its mostly because ive only had 4 months of illustrator experience so before i add images to a game i want to make sure others like them to!
so i dont make a crappy game. So this is my wood crate i created for a world select im also working on a computer but that isnt going so well so that might come in later.
So as always ANY comments are fine good and negative so i can make a nice smooth game ;)

wood Box<a

Thanks and as always have a nice day!

Comments

• SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    MrGlockling.... try and size this down to your ingame size... eg. 64x64 it turns into a light brown block... there is too little depth to make it show in game... and way too little contrast...

Going even smaller would require even thicker lines to remain visible... Also try to not just make one crate but 5 or 6 (eg. without the diagonal boards, with labels, with darker or stained wood, etc.) to have variations - it just looks nicer in the game.
  • mrglocklingmrglockling Member Posts: 258
    Man thanks so much i dont know where id be without you right now!! oh and by the way im trying out inkscape right now and there is no transparent BG?? do you know how to fix?
    Try the export bitmap rather than the save and you get a transparent png ;) But all this should work fine in any othre program (eg. Illustrator) als well...
  • SkyMapleSkyMaple Member Posts: 817
    You can select your whole image in illustrator/inkscape and drag it over into a blank photoshop document. Then in photoshop you can resize and save. :)
  • mrglocklingmrglockling Member Posts: 258
    Yea i dont have photoshop or illustrator on my computer any more only at my high school :( so im trying to learn inkscape but I plan on buying illustrator and photoshop.
    I got my computer finished in inkscape but my light are not coming out right so im going to let you guys see it first before i animate it!!

The computer
    My personal choice is CorelDraw (for the multiple page option and ease of use.with clip masks and the package deal with photo paint) but I prefer inkscape to adobe illustrator (which is a pain when it comes to user friendliness and usability - but it's industry standard and when it comes to sharing and working with others it's the way to go).