need borderlands style of game art

BranFlizGamesBranFlizGames Member Posts: 91
making a game where i need artwork like that

Comments

• LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKMember, Sous Chef Posts: 956
    You'll get more response if you post a budget. I'm fairly certain no one would do this for free or "credit".

One thing to consider, if you're really looking for 3d type art... Check out Poser, or Daz 3d. Both of these are easy entry 3d modeling software with LOADS of premade stuff you can buy, some of which looks excellent. If you master one of the programs, you can create all sorts of great game art. Keep in mind, to incorporate into gamesalad, you'd just be taking still images (not rendering 3d).
  • debugdesigndebugdesign Member Posts: 886
    *** YOU ALSO NEED TO PAY FOR WORK ALREADY COMMISSIONED ***
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390

Ian's been around this community for a long time, he was one of the original artists to offer his services, he has worked on many of our games, do not mess him around! If he has done art for you that you requested, pay the man, then worry about getting your next batch of art!
  • LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKMember, Sous Chef Posts: 956
    This is a community. Better fulfill your obligations or everyone will go nuts. And no one will work with you.

Though, these are two separate matters. I try to run two projects at any given time, so I may request new art prior to the original being finished... So we shouldn't rail on him for that. That being said, I always pay a deposit. Keeps everyone honest. :)
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Oh yeh granted, i usually have two or three going on simultaneously and may use different artists etc but they all get their money. i've seen a few posts from Ian recently asking for him to email him and check his emails, the fact that he has now mentioned he needs paying publicly makes me think that he's starting to take the piss a bit!
    I have emailed him many many times and it's not a huge amount but you shouldn't commission it if you can't pay for it.

I really didn't want to bring it out in the open but I have left 'subtle' messages on his other posts (all for more art on other projects) but it sounds like he's not listening...

Alarm bells went off when I had to wait a week due to waiting for pocket money.

Anyway, I should stop going on...

BranFlizGames - Please pay..
  • TouchTiltGamesTouchTiltGames Member Posts: 1,162
    debugdesign said:
    I have emailed him many many times and it's not a huge amount but you shouldn't commission it if you can't pay for it.

I really didn't want to bring it out in the open but I have left 'subtle' messages on his other posts (all for more art on other projects) but it sounds like he's not listening...

Alarm bells went off when I had to wait a week due to waiting for pocket money.

Anyway, I should stop going on...

BranFlizGames - Please pay..

I always ask for a deposit, be it 50% or a third up front before starting work with a new client. I've been a Graphic Designer for 11 years now so I've been burned before too :(
  • 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    Not Nice.
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    I personally don't mind if people warn others when someone doesn't pay for work.

I am not offering my work here yet but I would use watermarks until people pay.
    Easy to do when offering graphics.

I am a graphic designer too and indeed it sucks when you work hard and don't get payed.
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    @Debugdesign,
    If he doesn't pay you in the next week or so, its obvious he has seen the messages,
    and you should really take this to the next level, if he doesn't pay in a while,
    Just my two cents,
    JAck
    I appreciate the kind words from everyone and thank you for the support of the GS powers that be.

I thought I was helping out a fellow GS member as it was only $50 for a new logo and cityscape background...

I had a client who ran on a £4800 / $7500 debt when I delivered a complete online learning website (videos, daily diary etc) and his last email was (after he changed the passwords) was "you can take me to court, and you'll probably win, but I'll only have to pay a pound a month"

Subsequently I took him to court (on my birthday), won, he got ordered to pay and a CCJ (county court judgement) but despite sending in the bayliffs I have not seen a cent.

$50 isn't too bad.

The GS community is the best around and it's just a shame when people take advantage!

Have you searched 'jetpack' on iTunes ? It's Darren's jet pack template, still with watermarked graphics!!

Shame...