Development on hold

robzrobz Member Posts: 50
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi, first can I just say I love Gamesalad, however at the moment I have stopped my development due to the 0.8.+ issues. I have changed my games to accommodate GS changes and now again with 0.8.3 I have to change them again. Would it be possible to draw a line under what has passed and make a statement to the effect that this is how Gamesaled works from version #. I know it’s in beta and Gamesalad will be working very hard on the issues, but I don’t know if I should continue or simply wait

Comments

• TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    After testing my game in the IDE on the mac, I pushed it to the iPhone only to find app will randomly crash/hang or hang when main actor dies or I change scene. Seems it does not like my main actor with camera being destroyed. I don't remember this problem in 0.8.2.
    I have no idea why it would work on the mac in preview mode and fail on device unless the engine is slightly different. I am stopping this project and will attemp tomake a simple 1 screen game to see I get better luck.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
  • SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    I'd say keep going Robz - I held out till .3 because nothing worked for me in .2, but once .3 came out, there was no change to my game -still broke! Sooo, I got stuck in, and fixed it! I have now officially declared Alpha! Once I got stuck back in, I started to make progress very quickly. Embarassingly, I even realised that one of my major 'bugs' that I was quietly blaming on .2m turned out to be because I had deleted the actor from the scene - I wasn't hearing the correct sounds, because the actor wasn't even in the scene! :L
    So, get back in, and fix it! And make sure that you update the viewer too!
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    I do not use the viewer. Once the app comes back, I drop it to iTunes and it installs to my devices. Both first and second gen have the same crash issues.
  • VmlwebVmlweb Member Posts: 427
    I think it's worth upgrading.
    I found out that almost all the problems in my game could be fixed by just putting in a few timers here and there
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    timers do seem to be key now
  • fatmikefatmike Member Posts: 36
    I take a copy of the GameSalad app and all my project code before each update. Then run through all the code and if it's not working after an hour so so, I wait until the next release. 0.8.2 was quite stable for me
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    On hold!! what??? ...and sleep or something???
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    You can download every version of GS right from your portfolio.. or the last 10 or so anyways

Just an FYI
  • fatmikefatmike Member Posts: 36
    Has anyone figured out how to rollback your project to a previous version? That would be useful, although I could imagine it being risky.