I need a reliable artist

sdsmith64sdsmith64 Member Posts: 221
This is for a paid job $40. what I need is a graphic of a Pirate facing right (running animation). post a water marked example can be in cartoony style (big head) or retro pixel (16 bit Mario)

Comments

• jazappjazapp Member Posts: 10
    Here's one swashbuckling sample

• sdsmith64sdsmith64 Member Posts: 221
    wow looks great. Can you make the head a bit bigger?
    also make the graphic 128 by 128
  • vectawrvectawr Member Posts: 43
    Dude, watermark it so that he has to pay you first.
    "Dude"...I pay all my bills ....And I've been a member of GameSalad for 3 years now. ...and I originally asked for it to be water marked
  • 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    He has been for very long here.I have seen him for more then a year he will pay.But yes artist should watermark it.

edited December 2011
    I don't know what is the deal with watermarking over here. My experience is that if someone is set to s***w you, he'll find a way to do it regardless of what precautions one takes. So if sdsmith64 is happy with what I produce and pays - fine. If not, he has one or two hours of my Sunday for free and a bad rep on top of it :)

Here's 128x128 version. I went for a "SNES look"

http://i44.tinypic.com/14no5j5.png
    ok lets go with the SNES look. not only 128 by 128 but also 72 resolution. put a 1 pixel black border around the actor ("stroke" in photoshop) so it can stand out from the background. also I need each frame of the walk cycle (4 frames or 6?) ....do you have a paypal email? my email is megagamecorp@yahoo.com
  • SkyMapleSkyMaple Member Posts: 817
    Great artwork jazapp!
    OK, now I realized you asked for the whole animation, for which, at 128x128, I would normally have to ask more than 40 bucks but hey... I'll do it for you but let's continue our discussion over PMs or e-mail - mine is honzazv(at)seznam.cz
    I sent an email...
    I just wanted to tell everyone that I have delivered the requested sprite to sdsmith64 and he sent me the money within a couple of minutes an he also knows what he wants so I can only recommend working with him.