Gravity Question.

imallthatimallthat Member, PRO Posts: 19
edited November -1 in Tech Support
So i am making a game where a character hops from platform to platform but to do that i need gravity. But when i add gravity my platforms go down to. My platforms move from right side of screen to out of the screen (left) so i can't uncheck movable for the platforms. is there a way i can get gravity to just work on my main character?

Comments

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    gravity is just acceleration towards the earth (down). So set scene gravity to zero and put an acceleration behavior in the jumping actor and set it to what ever speed feels right. Just set angle to 270 to scene.
    then set the density of the platforms to a very high number so that they don't move down when jumped upon.
  • iWiniWin Member Posts: 334
    im making the same type of game..I had to do what scitunes said cause gravity didnt work for me either..It works good having it accelerate down...
    any luck with this? I've given up! I can't get the collisions to register consistently enough. The more platforms I add and the more rules I add the worse it gets. I would get close and then I would not be satisfied so I would try a few things and then it would be absolutely horrible - I mean a complete joke! No doodle jump for me! Not yet anyways...