overall graphics help

gilesgkagilesgka Member Posts: 73
does anyone have any tips to improve this
Photobucket

Comments

• gilesgkagilesgka Member Posts: 73
    especially grass and background
  • App SurgeApp Surge Member Posts: 651
    Make the grass with a little gradient, like the tree. Also, the sun is not very easy to see in the background.

https://twitter.com/#!/redskyent
  • SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    there are a lot of things to improve.... :) a) Start with the letters... the L's need more visual space - put the line at the bottom below the e and a [even going as far as extending the first L close to the bottom bit of the y. The 's' is not in proportion with the rest of the characters to thin and too high. b) work on the setup - it's a long banner but it doesn't mean you have to line things up ( tree - words - critter). It looks boring. My suggestion would be to cut the tree just keep the top of it make it bigger and run 8 or 9 trees in the background behind the letter and the critter, move the critter in the centre / between the 2 words and add some rays to the sun and maybe some lines for grass on the ground as well as a line for the grass' edge.

Good luck with it!
  • gilesgkagilesgka Member Posts: 73
    @SpriteAttack
    yes thanks ive got no experience lol but im wondering should i use incscape or gimp for my art work?
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    Depends on what you want. Inkscape is vector and Gimp is bitmap. Think of Gimp as Photoshop and Inkscape as Illustrator. (If that even helps) Vector will give you sharper edges and can be scaled to any size without losing quality. Not only that, but @SpriteAttack has some awesome tutorials for using Inkscape to make characters and objects for your games.
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    I think you should pit outline or strokes on the text, it makes it way better

and maybe a liitle more light green on the grass?