THE BEST CUSTOM FONT EVER?

ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
So we all know Custom Font is a missing thing in GS and that it's something we have to code up ourselves.

But what style font is the best font?

Seriously, what suits what best.

Share your fonts! Weather it was from your game or not.

I wanna see what works and what doesn't. We'll even vote for a winner. FOR FUN!

Discuss & Share away!

Comments

• EireStudiosEireStudios Member Posts: 451
    Yeah, I have to agree with Tshirtbooth here, since I bought his awesome menu template I have been using that font also and I'll be using it in most of my projects from now on :-)
  • CloudsClouds Member Posts: 1,599
    How are you guys using a custom font ?

Are you simply making up the text in something like Photoshop - or do you have some fiendishly clever way of using a font within GS (like importing each letter separately and generating text within GS) ?
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    Numbers yes, but text is just an image file unfortunately.

Ace
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    newer iOS devices have 58+ native-Fonts.
    (GS, we still don't have MarkerFelt!)

While I appreciate possible difficulties in incorporating developers' added fonts to the Executable File; the fact that we did go from 5(?) original fonts available in GS to 14, makes me think we could have more ... easily … like Marker-Felt!

Free app that shows fonts on your device
    Mark Twain was the first author to use the typewriter. He supposedly typed a manuscript for his publisher who wrote back that he left out the punctuation. Twain sent back a sheet filled with periods, commas, semicolons, etc. “Insert where necessary”, he said.
    MH
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    a app name fontographer lrt you make fonts

it is quite good but expensive
  • MichaelK1985MichaelK1985 Member Posts: 36
    This is really a missing feature in GS. Hope that they add some new fonts to the game