Bumper Drop - Made in 1 day (for the most part)

EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
edited November -1 in Announce Your Game!
Well a couple of weeks ago T-Shirtbooth and I decided to try making games in 1 day, and as far as I know both failed. Bumper Drop got almost finished, however, and is finally in the app store! That being said, I'm not particularly proud of the game, I'll have to update it. I was just tired of making it...

So now that your fingers are already sweaty with anticipation, here are promo codes before it comes out tomorrow! I'd appreciate a 5 star rating, but don't bother with reviews unless you really want to. :p

KMYXFNKLEM49
PMAYNPJPFXJL
FKY4TWNTLTYN
HY6F3TLKLKXY
YLLYLPK36JFP
TTNLHT3T9LK4
EYRMHPJJXP7W
WRX476FKRRMY
LLA79MYXFRFE
JAPFKXNHYE4P
P4N9RFRHAAET
7L394RAA67M3
LLKJTEK67YX3
R7A6NEXPWHE3
XY7HTLL9A4TM

It is just a basic endless falling game, but is unique in it's own right.

Comments

• GamexcbGamexcb Member Posts: 179
    Looks cool!
    I took: KMYXFNKLEM49
    Thanks!
  • KempProductionsKempProductions Member Posts: 139
    I don't see how yall would have the time to make a game in one day! I barely have 2 hours a day to work on mine.
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Free saturday ;)
    Thanks, I'll look into those!

I was just being lazy with the lack of sound.
  • dereklaruedereklarue Member Posts: 121
    This could be the next doodle jump! xD
    I could see this on the top 25 (with an update of course for sounds)!
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I think for a game made in about a day is fabulous!

The controls are smooth, accelerometer works great, and cutesie graphics!

Definitely needs some music though, and I love the fade in/out effect as Tshirt said!

Did you make the graphics yourself in photoshop?

If you added some powerups or some other elements, this could be a real hit, but as this game stands alone, I think it's awesome!

I'm playing it at work on my break and afraid I'm going to go over :)
    @Tshirtbooth: Go for it! It was a nice, easy transition to make.

@Butterbean: Photoshop and paint, yes.

@Everyone: Thanks for the kind words! I'll be sure to add sounds and some other features when I'm in the mood :p
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    I'm in the same boat Eastbound. I have limited time to work on GS games (although it should be my focus for the extra cash) and I get tired of working on the current project when I have a few other ideas that I think will pay more and/or implement better within GS' limitations. The one I'm working on was more of a test to see what I could pull off with GS in terms of pushing performance. I want to move o but I am close...but then the last 5% is usually 50% of the effort, eh! :-|
    So Bumper Drop debuted with no sales! Just the 11 or so of the codes went through, and there were absolutely no sales. I know the game isn't THAT bad :p

I've also been checking on action and arcade by release dates and it isn't showing up, so I have to wonder what the deal is. And Kill the King isn't showing up in the app store, but that is in another thread.
    ?? That's strange, that explains why you had no sales

When your app was accepted, did you quickly change the release date to the next day?

Sometimes the app store is very slow in getting new releases up, for example, if you posted it for today, it won't show up in the new release section until tonight, so tomorrow's sales would be a better indicator
    The app was originally set to have a Feb. 18th release date, but was ready to be sold the 16th, so I immediately changed the release date to the 17th. iTunes shows the 17th as my release date, but it isn't with other Feb. 17th newly released apps...

And yeah, I was going to wait to see my sales tomorrow before I tried to do anything about it.
    If you don't have sales tomorrow, I would pull the app and resubmit it, I had to do that with my Kidz phone app because it didn't show up in new releases :(
    I suppose that is what I will do if there is similar sales tomorrow. I guess I can take the time to add sounds and improve the menus and such as well :x
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    I took TTNLHT3T9LK4

SO SO SO SO excited about seeing this 'fade in fade out effect'....

ahhhhh!!!!!! fade in fade out!!!!!
  • JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
    Just bought Bumper Drop, its really nice. Glad I bought it, like the idea of having to pass through gates but not hit the bumpers, very good idea. Love the black bubble like effect at the beginning and end of each level. Good graphics and just generally over all good. Thats pretty good for a 1 day make.
    Well, I had 3$ in sales for the first day of Bumper drop, so I am definately pulling it from the app store and resubmitting. KahaneJosh, just post on my thread when I re-release it (with some fixes) and I'll send you a promo.

Thanks for the reviews, guys!
    Actually, never mind. I just checked recently added, and it's right there on the front page. Wooo.
    So when you all (i.e. butterbean mainly) pull it and re-submit it, what happens with all the folks who may have purchased it in the short term the first submission was covertly available? How would upgrades work for those folks too?

Also, when re-submitting, do you end up having to change the name a bit? I know Apple doesn't permit deleting AppID or apps, so you just re-submit it through the same app "slot" as before? Doesn't that make the resubmission a sort of update?

I haven't tried any of this method so I was just hoping to get my ducks in a row before ever trying such.

TIA
    @TSB: So did you set your date to the 19th? So do you notice the release date catches up granularly over time (i.e. eventually it will show the 18th for a bit even if not a full day and then the 19th...) or does it just sometimes skip some days (i.e. like it will show the 17th on the 19th and then on the 21st it jumps from the 17th to say the 20th or 21st...thusly screwing you if you had used the 19th)? If it is the second case, that sure makes it a crap shoot and it suxors!
    I think it'll just be delayed, Tshirt. Although, I don't know when they will choose to "catch up" and pile on 2 days worth of apps in 1.

And rebump, yeah you'd just have to change the name a bit. Trying to resubmit with the same app ID and/or name would just act as an update.

EDIT: And as for the people that paid for it already- they're kinda screwed.
    Yea Rebump, for example, on Kidz Phone deluxe, I pulled it because it had like 1-2 sales since it wasn't on the new release list, so I created a new app id, and profile, and submitted the game with an exclamation point at the end instead of just Kidz phone deluxe
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    I dropped a review. Nice work ... again!