GameSalad Screen Size Between fact and what we get

nCartoonnCartoon Member, PRO Posts: 54
GameSalad shows that the screen size is 480 * 320
Which is in fact 960 * 640
This is a problem must be solved in order to work with the real measurements of the project
This affects negatively when you request a screen shot for your game or app gameSalad gives you screenshot with 480 * 320 resolution
the new Apple Devices requests a screen resolution of 960 * 480 for iphone 4 as example
I wish gameSalad team taking this in next update

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    GameSalad cannot give you a 480x320 screen shot because it is not a retina display. I would guess anyway. they still support the high resolution images in your project. you can always take your screen shots from the device like everyone else does and 960x640 is not required apple will accept 480x320 shots. I guess maybe I don't see the big deal. maybe you don't have a retina device. In that case you prob should get one. you need to have as many devices as possible for testing since every single one plays differently.
  • nCartoonnCartoon Member, PRO Posts: 54
    Display screen of gameSalad is already 960*640 it's not 480*320
    So why they cant make Gamesalad Export 960*640 shots
    (you can always take your screen shots from the device)
    that is not a Solution
    another thing,
    yes apple will accept 480x320 shots, but your shots will Look low resolution when reviewed in AppStore
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Two words. Low Priority. First time I've heard this as an issue for anyone but I think there are more pressing issues that need resolved/finished before this.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    GameSalads preview is not 960x640 its 480x320 take a screen recording program and set it to 480x320 it will fit perfectly over the preview. unless you have done something to make your preview appear larger like zooming the whole thing
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2011
    you shouldn't use the gamesalad given screenshot. you should compose your own with whatever image software you are using, to make everything F'ing perfect. please excuse my french, it's a Steve Job thing.

i have 480x320 and it works perfectly fine, most people won't notice the difference. it's like you have no idea what star wars episode 1 3D looks like before 3d was even popular.(again).
  • MrSKYoneMrSKYone Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2012
    please excuse my french, it's a Steve Job thing.

i have 480x320 and it works perfectly fine, most people won't notice the difference.
    First, where did you use some french? :)

Second, there is a huge difference between 480x320 and 960x640. If you're making a game out of cubes you won't notice a difference. However, if you work is high definition images, your preview won't display anything good...

Moreover, I made some graphics designs into photoshop using the iphone 4S resolution, and when I add them to the GameSalad creator, It becomes so little, is that normal?
    Why the creator isn't fixed to the device resolutions we selected?

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    edited July 2012

Moreover, I made some graphics designs into photoshop using the iphone 4S resolution, and when I add them to the GameSalad creator, It becomes so little, is that normal?
    Why the creator isn't fixed to the device resolutions we selected?

If you have resolution independence checked, anything you bring in will be displayed at half size of the image. GameSalad takes the larger image and resizes it to fit in the window, and it makes a low res copy for older devices. So whatever phone people have, it automatically uses the proper image for that device. You can go into the properties and reset it's size to 960x 640

• ericzingelerericzingeler Member Posts: 334
    If your developing a game and plan to release it on Xcode, then I assume you have the ability to test on an actual device with a retina display. That being said, while the game is running on the device snap a screenshot by pressing home and power buttons at the same time. Then pull the images off the device using Xcode Organizer or iTunes.