Getting actor to walk smoothly

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
What attributes would I need to change to get an actor to walk left and right, but in a smooth fashion, and once the player lets go of the left or right key, that they don't come to a hault, or have the stiff type of movement

I was looking for maybe, having them take a few more baby steps once the player takes their hand of the left and right key

Any ideas?

Comments

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I thought perhaps tweaking with the accelerate function instead of the move function could fix this, but any ideas would be great!

I've been playing a few platforming games and ones like megaman, when the character walks, they don't just come to a dead stop, but take a few steps once the player lets off the left or right key
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Accelerate would be good. Just add a Drag behavior to complement it.
  • KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    I prefer applying a max speed instead of drag. That's just me, though.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    You use max speed to slow down the actor to a stop?
    Max Speed would be good to make sure the accelerate usage for movement doesn't get too uncontrollable, but the drag behavior would be good for slowing down the actor to a stop.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Thanks, I'll try the drag behavior with accelerate :)

Now that I'm in GS, what numbers should I change around so that once the player lifts finger off the left or right key, that the player stops walking after 1 -2 seconds?